Monday, January 23, 2006

Back to the land.

I managed to get up at 5.30 so I could fit in a quick run before heading to the airport and did a quick loop around Queen's Park and back. I taped my knee the night before to save time and I think I've got the tape in the right place at last!

I only did 3.6kms with a mixture of road and grass and no knee pain which is a good sign I think!
But I was so slow, I can't even bear to look at Garth and see how slowly I ran. Still I'll worry about that once my knee is fixed I suppose. I must admit I'm getting a bit fed up with it now and am wishing I'd never gone to the physio and just ignored it like I did last year. I'm sure it will be better in the long run though.. won't it?

Off to Aqua Satan first thing in the morning before the long old slog out to Bordertown.. hope it's still there as I saw on the news last night that there are fires near there. I'm hoping to get approval for a bit of a longer run while I'm there to see how that goes.

9 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ahhh the injury itch!!! It is ery frustrating but YES you did the right thing and you will get back into it quickly. You will be surprised how the swimming, water running and spin will have maintianed your fitnes! Slowly, slowly!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger R2B said...

allways good to have these things attended to properly so you can be sure you'll mend proper.
get well soon!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear you are amphibious :-)

Fantastic news about the knee lulu - here is hoping it continues to be good.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Slow, schmow.

Don't worry about your speed, the good thing is you were able to run and do it pain free!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

I like to tape up in bed but I often get funny looks.

Good news on the knee.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Welcome back to the land of ... the land.

Watch that sunburn!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't worry about slow, Lulu! Honestly, you're not slow, just expect a lot of yourself...like the rest of us! As for knees, they're every runner's nightmare...even I get some pain after a long run & you know how slow I am!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Lulu, I think for the moment just enjoy running and don't worry about how fast you're going. In fact, don't take Garth on some of your runs then you won't be tempted to look.

And ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away doesn't work - believe me I've tested that theory. It just gets worse in the long run.

Enjoy Bordertown!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Unreliable live-eye reports tonight have Mr Lulu sighted in the Martin Place Bar/Station vicinity 'researching' king valley wines and looking thirsty.

You'll enjoy this: Gronk came out with a tale of woe on 23 Jan and I told him to lose weight and implied he was fat. My gratuitious advice was singled out on 24 Jan on his blog. I'll be losing my SNAG reputation soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home