Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Smoking!

Yes that's Bordertown and me.. well I seem to have discovered some previously lost speed... well what passes for speed for me. Probably wasn't the wisest move to try a burst of speed in my last km but I enjoyed it.

It was a lovely cool morning in the small town of Mundulla, nr Bordertown, this morning. The sky was already starting to look hazy and the sun was an eery red colour. By the time I left town in the early afternoon the whole area was covered in smoke from the fires in the Grampians. Amazing how far smoke can travel.

Back to the run I started off feeling strong and ran along the road until I found a nice section of grass verge to run on. I ran along a road with vineyards which was lovely and I didn't see another soul. I should have had Wine Trail Runner with me!

This is the longest ( and fastest) run I've done for a while. I did 5kms with the splits at 6.04, 6.09, 6.27, 6.12 and 5.36. Not blistering I know but I'm feeling like I'm not going entirely backwards with the limited running I'm doing. Knee grumbled a bit on the last km when I was also running on a hard surface, but seems OK now. Have to see what it's like in the morning.

Off to Albury in the morning. I've been hopping on and off flights like buses this week and will be glad to be one place for a couple of weeks when I get back on Sunday.

Good luck to all who are doing the Australia Day run.

6 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Man you do a lot of travelling! Fingers crossed your knee was up to that last km and doesn't give you any grief because of it.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Looks very promising with the knee.

Sky often looks hazy and red after a couple of bottles of plonk the night before.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Running quick in the badlands is a good idea I think!

Great to hear you are finding your form lulu - those existing 10k and half marathon PB's are starting to get nervous!

5.37 in the last k - string 21 of those babies together and you go sub 2hrs!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Yeah Lulu... on fire! That is a great last km... your fitness will be fine- just have to beat the knee into submission!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger CJ said...

That last km was awesome Lulu - there's no holding you back.

I bet you'll be glad to get home though - travelling can get a bit tiresome. Though obviously it must agree with you if you can whip out times like that! Well done, and fingers crossed everything has held up well ie the knee.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Just catching up on blogs so its a late comment. How exciting!! What a great run and such a fantastic last split!

Onwards and upwards from here :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home