Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tagged

I know someone tagged me and I'm sorry I can't remember who it was. I read it last week.. that's my excuse. Anyhoo here's the answers!

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was living in London at the height of the IT boom and working as the sales manager looking after Northern Europe and South Africa for an American start-up. I was probably counting the months until I had been there for 2 years so I could cash in my stock options and run away. At this stage in my life I smoked and drank and spent most of my life at work or on planes. I did belong to a nice health club where I spent time sitting in the bar with my girlfriends after a gentle game of tennis or a workout in the gym. I couldn't have run for the bus though at that stage!

Five snacks I enjoy
Almonds
Rice crackers
Chocolate Digestives or Hobnobs (English biscuits, clearly not allowed under the present weight loss regime!)
Chocolate (as above.. banned substance)
Those funny little Bounce protein balls.

Five songs I know all the words too
Most of the songs from the wizard of Oz ( I once played Dorothy in a school play and my memory has retained most of the songs)
Material Girl: I have no idea why but I discovered this when playing Songstar with the Evil Twin sister up at the blue mountains over new year.
Can't think of any others.


5 things I'd do as a millionnaire.
Well it depends on if you're talking just one or twomillions or many more! With two million I'd retire from full time work, maybe do a Ph.d and do some more charity work and follow my other interests.

With many millions I would follow the example of a good friend of mine in the UK who ended up making about $150m in the IT boom. She bought a fantastic house and paid off her families mortgages but has now set up a charitable trust providing health care for children in third world countries and she still keeps in touch with her humble friends!

5 things I like doing
Reading
Writing
Running
Wining and dining with Mr lulu
Travel

3 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Chocolate is a banned substance? I thought it was one of the 5 food groups!

I like the sound of your good friend in the UK - good on her for helping others...and that she still keeps in touch with her friends!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

My children used to break into hysterics whenever I started singing "We represent the Lollypop Guild." I cannot think why.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger the_en4cer said...

Were you much of a football fan while living in London?

I envy your friend who made the squillions but bravo to them for keeping in touch with friends, looking after family and helping others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home