Thursday, February 02, 2006

Wet blanket!

I woke up feeling about as energetic as a wet blanket and then went outside to discover that Sydney was in fact covered with a wet blanket; a yucky humid morning even at 6.30.

I walked a few 100 meters and then started a gentle jog up the road to Queen's Park. Down onto the park and I picked up the pace a tad. Knee grumbled at about 1.6km so I stopped and walked and then started again. No problems, so I did an extra loop of the flat playing field section. This is probably the best surface to run on as it's relatively short grass and quite even. I think really long soft grass is a bit unstable and seems to put more pressure on my knee. I then ran back down the road and past the house to get to 4kms.

All in all not too bad and the knee was feeling pretty good even on the harder surface. However, now my left achilles, which has been a long term niggle is complaining again. I don't know, some days I think I shall just curl up in a ball and accept my fate as a lardy couch potato. If I was meant to be athletic I would have been given a better body! Then I remembered that one of the old gals at the hydro pool said to me yesterday " If you wake up in the morning and none of your joints or anthing are aching.....you're dead!" Onwards and upwards then!

Edited to add: I stumbled into an advanced Pilates class at lunchtime which certainly tested my abs strength which is not as good as it was a few weeks ago. More pilates required I'm afraid. At least one of the exercises I have struggled with in the past came together though which was good.

5 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice ot know you are alive lulu - personally I think all of our joints, major muscle groups, tendons etc have a roster system going....

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

After a break from running, the joints do tell you about it, but then they get used to the running again. A bit tricky.

You could list Mr Lulu as a toy boy. He's very popular!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Onwards and upwards!!! Good on you.. I am glad your knee is playing nice... sort of!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I love that old gal. She's got attitude. Ask Aqua satan to look at your achilles now - I haven't run for 5 weeks because of mine :-(.

TA

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good to see your running Lulu. I don't like running around lower QP much either. Very uneven in places. Top oval is the go. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home