Sunday, February 19, 2006

Good lulu wins today!

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" and all my good intentions of doing a run and the gym yesterday went out the window when I woke up and still felt tired. Mr lulu had to drag me out of bed to go to our first Italian class otherwise I probably would have stayed there all day. In the end the Italian class was good and I did some preparation for the training I'm running next week.

This morning I felt a bit better and so managed to be out the door by 8.30am. Not exactly the crack of dawn and I regretted it when I realised how hot and humid it was. Tired and grumpy lulu was whining in my ear all the way through the first km,"I'm tired, it's too hot etc etc..." but good lulu was not having any of it today.

Garth was chirping away cheerfully as we went through the kms and although it was slow and hard going I managed 6kms this morning. Even better this was without any twinge from the knee apart from the hill back up along Queen's Park and this 6km included quite a bit of road or harder surface running. I'll have to see if there are any ill effects later or tomorrow.

So the week in review:
Week 6
Monday Aqua Satan and Pilates
Tues: nada
Weds: run/walk pilates and Pilates
Thurs: Run and gym
Friday Aqua satan
Saturday:nada

Weight: +.5 (1.5kg) Not sure why, as I don't think I'm eating that much. I'm travelling all of next week but after that I'm going to blog my food too so you can all tell me if I'm eating too much or not!

Week 7 plan
Sunday: run 6km done.
Mon: am Gym
Tues: Bordertown run in the vineyard
Weds: Brisbane Water running/some pilates exercises
Thurs: Brisbane run, and brekkie with CR gals in Brissie
Fri: Aqua Satan and Pilates

Hopefully that is realistic given my work schedule and I'm hoping to have a bit more energy next week. I need to set myself some realistic goals for the year as I find it hard to get motivated and push myself when I'm feeling tired when I'm not training for anything. Mr lulu gave me a stern talking to yesterday about setting myself unrealistic goals when I'm still really a beginner runner. Last year I went from nothing to doing a half marathon and have the sore knees to prove it! This year I need to build up more gradually was his words of advice.

10 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Lulu di congratulazioni !

Regarding my program ? Its this one:

http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/inter.htm

It was a toss up between that one and the one the Superflake did/will do again:

http://www.pfitzinger.com/labreports/stressfracture.shtml

Gronk :)

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Yeh, don't let Mr Lulu talk you out of a sub-40 minute 10km or 3 hour marathon while he's dragging you out of bed at 5pm. Just such negative neuro-linguistic programming.

Promising news on the knee.

I'm not sure about the other guys, but I like Bad Lulu more.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Yep... bad Lulu rocks ;-)

Good on you... thats fantastic! When will you be ready for some SWEATing??? We miss you :-)

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Great news Lulu! Hopefully I'll be able to join you out there again very soon !

Hope the Brissie girls look after you :-)

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Great to hear you're planning to keep up the good work while you're on the road.

You'll have to hit us with a friendly Italian greeting on Thursday morn at brekky. Actually, you could hit me with an unfriendly Italian greeting and I wouldn't know the difference.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Wise man is Mr Lulu!

Good to hear you stuck it out for the 6km and that there don't appear to be any ill effects.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Hi Lulu - I keep looking while I am running around the park just in case I recognise you! Thanks for all your help on my blog. You are very motivating - you would be a top trainer! keep up the good work - I need to get myself one of those human alarm clocks...

E

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Hmmm curiously enough I find myself agreeing with DJ - I like bad lulu better too :-)

6k woohoo and no knee probs either - double woohoo!

Ciao bella ;-)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Lulu, what are the Italian lessons for? I smell a big trip coming up?? Do tell all!

Gnome

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger miners said...

maybe the extra weight is from the huge shoulders and body hair you've been developing lately?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home