Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A cool run

It was lovely to go out this morning and find that it was quite nice and cool for a change. My programme today was for a walk 2 run 8 mins x3 which is what I did. I went up to Queen's park did a loop of the whole park and then a couple of loops of the oval before walking home. Felt quite energetic at the beginning but found it quite hard after the first couple of kms and was quite glad of the legitimate walk breaks!

Total was 4.35km.
Total for the month 47.5km; hopefully this will start increasing now.

I didn't have any knee pain but my left achilles is grumbling again so will have to go back to icing and stretching that; it should settle down again I hope.

Did a 45 min GRC Pilates class after work. Really felt it this afternoon as I haven't been for over a week.

Food
Before run: 1/2 nectarine and water
B: Banana protein smoothie
MT: 1/2 protein bar and 2 crispbreads with cottage cheese
L: Berry protein shake
AT: Health bar (180cals)
After Pilates 2
crispbreads with cottage cheese
D: Chargrilled ocean trout with cauli, broccoli and snowpeas + a low fat yoghurt

9 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

I wouldn't mind walk breaks either.

Not sure if that 'protein smoothie' has 300ml of skim soy in it, or four scoops of high-protein Norgen-vaaz icecream. John Howard could have a job for you on his media team.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger 2P said...

You must have run too close to DJ this morning and caught his achillies niggle.

Great work on the 50k for the month(rounding up is a sound mathematical principle) - well done lulu.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, you are going to be so healthy if you keep this up Lulu. Hang on, forget about that 'if', I know you will keep up the good work!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Nice work Lulu! Just recrossing evrything for that achilles ;-)

See you soon!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger CJ said...

It was a lovely morning here in Canberra too and while there were some grumbles about having to get up early to run - I'm glad I did.

Had pancakes for brekkie this morning but I had earned them to day - ran hard so I could eat them without feeling guilty!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

My vote is for 'D' - I love cauli, broccoli and snowpeas!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Aki said...

Almost 5k of running is great, don't try to increase to quickly, we want you back running happily. :)

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

How do you live eating that only!!
Fortunately I haven't written my log food in my blog, you can't imagine how it is....
Great you are doing better with the knee, but still there is something always right?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger miners said...

yum, yum, yum. However, did the banana smoothie have peanut butter in it?? (my secret ingredient)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home