Monday, February 27, 2006

Serious gym session

I don't really find the gym that inspiring, but after a day of meetings and discussing meatworkers the gym started to look very attractive!

Can you do a brick in the gym? If so that's what I did.
25 mins bike
36 mins (6km) on the Elliptical thingie
Total cals 600

Weights session: The usual 30 mins of upper and lower body.

So that's the exercise, how about the food.
Well good lulu was moooostly in charge.
B: Protein shake (skim soy milk and a slice of rockmelon)
Morning T: (this is where it went horribly wrong, forgive me I was led astray by some meatworking types) 1 Almond biscotti and a decaf flatwhite
L: Protein shake as breakfast
After gym: half a protein bar
Dinner: (in the oven as I type) Grilled barramundi (150g) with preserved lemon and coriandar salsa with roasted pumpkin and zucchini.
Water: lots

I treated myself to a new set of scales yesterday as my old ones were becoming temperamental. If I got on them after Mr lulu it told me I weighed the same as him and that would be horrid (It's alright on him of course!). Much to my horror the new ones are measuring 2km up on the old ones! That puts me right back to square one. It's only arbitrary number I suppose so it doesn't really matter. However, I'll re-set the weight counter from today.

I think putting the food in my blog will be good actually as the thought of being given a good telling off by DJ is enough to make me think twice about over-indulging! Sadly, a disappointed meatworker who had gone out especially to get some nice things to have with coffee was more compelling this morning :)

5 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Protein shakes for breakfast and lunch??? Why?

No wonder you went crazy and had a biscotti and coffee - I think you were very restrained. Well done on the water.

I need lots of variety in my diet otherwise I get bored and hit the bad stuff.

And what is a "brick"?

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

The diet looks pretty tough and lean today. No riesling too.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Oh no a brick session - we will never get miners off your back now :-)

Almond biscotti doesn't exactly fit the bill of "horribly wrong" - more like a well deserved reward for being good lulu ;-)

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger CJ said...

What exactly was it about the gym that you found attractive?!

If having a flatwhite and 1 almond biscotti is what you define as being led astray, god help me! Evil CJ is sabotaging my diet at the moment and also flatly refusing to go to the gym.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

If more people listed what they actually ate each day they might get a rude shock!

Good on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home