Sunday, February 26, 2006

In the park

Garth decided to be bad Garth this morning. He just completely froze and knowing that both Go Girl and Miners are Garminless at the moment I could see him being sent to Garmin hospital. Eventually though he switched himself off and then was fine. Hopefully it was just the shock of doing two runs in a row!

Mr lulu accompanied me to the park and it was lovely to be running with him, however briefly. This probably accounts for why my first two km splits were 6.03 and 5.54. I was doing one of the workouts from the return to running programme that Gronk put me onto. This was run 12, walk 2, run 12, walk 2 and then run 10.

Of course I had to pass Sean's squad out running at the point when I was walking. Gave Don Juan a wave and now he probably thinks I was slacking off!

On the last walk 1o section up the hill I started to develop a bit of knee pain so decided to call it quits and walk home, but not until I'd reached 5km on the dot! Not as far as last week but then I did run two days in a row for the first time in ages so still up.

So my plan now is to follow the return to running programme which is a 7 week programme. I'm going to start at week 2 as the first week is a lot of walk/running and I think I'm ahead of that at this stage. This will mean three runs this week with short walk breaks. This programme eventually gets me up to 55 mins in 6 weeks time with 5 runs a week. I'll see how I go and if necessary I can repeat a week or two if I feel the build up is too steep.

I'm going to re-start my week count now to start this programme.

Week 1 plan
Sun run done
Mon gym
Tues Walk 2 Run 8mins X 3; pilates
Wed Water running, gym
Thurs Run 10 Walk 2 X 3, Pilates
Fri Aqua Satan, Pilates
Sat; Run 12, walk 2 x2 + run 10

Weight loss 0 this week (-1.5 total). I seem to have found the balance for maintaining my weight but not losing any. I'm going to start blogging my food from tomorrow so I can keep better track of it and also I'm going to have to cut out the wine I'm afraid. I'm actually running out of things to cut down on, but this week it's going to be wine and coffee. Not that I drink much of either. Normally one coffee a day and we only drink on Fri, sat and sun, (a couple of glasses) but it all makes a difference I suppose. We'll see what happens.

10 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Sounds like your doing things very sensibly... good girl :-) I think the program sounds like a great idea. Helps to have some structure... if your like me I thrive on it :-) The food diary is a great idea... you might be surprised. It might be something simple holding you back that you have not accounted for... very game though putting it on the blog :-) Have you seen a dietician. I found it really helpful about 12months ago... I was finding I had no energy when I ran and ashe sorted me out.
See you soon :-)

DJ wouldn't dare call you a slacker ;-)

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Hey Slacker.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

That's gotta hurt, giving up the wine.

Put the food diary out and we'll find something else to give away.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Oh, I agree with DJ. Giving up wine - yikes!!!! Or is it just cutting down on the wine?

That's not bad a zero weight loss when you've been travelling. Its so hard to maintain a normal healthy diet away from home.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Just checked Owl's blog for updates, and as always incredibly sensitive.

It only took me 4 days to think of something sensitive to say, it was a new PB!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Yay lulu 2 runs in 2 days!!! Kewl ;-)

I'm far too lazy for structure - it just depresses me when I am non-compliant....

How about instead of giving up wine - you just run more and earn it :-)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Nice to see your out there too Lulu. Hope that knee pain becomes a stranger.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger miners said...

oh no - don't tell me garth is playing up. There's starting to be a little playgroup-garmin pattern emerging ...

Great run though lulu - glad to see the start of the year is looking so much better than the end to last :)

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Hey Lulu - sorry i missed getting out to the park this weekend as my just posted post will explain (boys and study and sore legs in summary)! I think that my 2k times were extremely unrepresentative because there was not an ounce of energy left in my tank at the end and also I think it is less than 2k and the stop watch was 15s faster than I actually was!

Glad your trip was good and I may have to join you in the food posting business for a bit of critical feedback...

E

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I remember having to do a similar program at the start of last year after ITB surgey - found it very frustrating when I was walking and runners would pass me by! I'm not a patient person at the best of times!

Keep it up and hope all goes well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home