Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Wagga wanderer

I survived my first trip to Wagga and quite enjoyed it; seems like a nice place. It was a lovely morning for a run, so cool and dry I hardly broke into a sweat! Must have been slacking off or something.

I was a bit late getting out as I stayed up late watching Pirates of the Carribean; I love that film. It must be something to do with Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp! They made up for the absence of Mr lulu. About 7am I headed out from the hotel with no idea where I was going which is why the map below is all over the place. I finally stumbled across the river and there is a great running track along the side of the river. Next time I go I'll know where to go. Google must be using an old picture because the fields look very brown and dry at the moment not green as they look here.

Felt pretty good and the niggles are definately improving. I had a strange sensation in the right knee but after stopping and stretching it was fine. The programme for today was 20 mins 2 walking, and 10 running. Covered just over 5km so that's 10km in two days which is the most I've done for ages; Yay!

I've been doing my strenthening exercises and Go Girl has shown me the 3 phase VMO ones so I've been doing that too. I will try and remember to blog them.

Food has been going well despite being on the road which is always a dangerous time when I'm more likely to fall off the wagon.

Food:
B: Vanilla protein shake
MT missed as I was on the plant ( I could have attacked a piece of meat I suppose!)
L: As breakfast
T: choc and apricot bar (and soy crisps on plane 150 cals)
D: Poached OT (yes it's still going) and avo toasted sandwich, yog and peach

9 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good news on the niggles and the food.
You wouldn't want to perish out there ;-)

Mr Lulu could be the love Pirate of Bronte.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Thank goodness you made it out of there okay! I suppose relative to SA anything would be good (just kidd'n ;)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Johnny Depp....sigh :-)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

More protein shakes and fish. Why not just make it easier have a fish shake ?

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

How can you sustain with so few!!

Looks like once it starts, knee pain continues there... grrrr!

Still nice that you are feeling recovered!!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

How on earth do you manage on sooo little food????

Being tall don't you have to like eat lots to fill the legs up?

Reading your blog about the meatworks and then your morning tea comment - makes me think about being vegetarian...

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey... I love Pirates of the Carrabian- something about a man in eyeshadow!

Glad to hear the niggles are on the improve.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wound and wound the wagga'd wok the wagga'd wascle wan :-)

Nice work Lulu 10k in 2 days!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger miners said...

Beware the crows ...

btw - you forgot to mention Keira Knightly :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home