Tuesday, March 07, 2006

In the park, in the dark

I managed to get up early this morning and get organised to be out the door just before 6. It was just beginning to get light so I headed down to Queen's Park to do a few laps of the oval. once down on the oval it was still quite dark and a little bit spooky but there were a few other runners around at least. By the time I'd done a couple of laps I could see where I was going at least!

My programme had me doing 15 mins, 2 mins walk, 15 mins run which is what I did with a little bit extra at the end to get me to 5 km.

The massage I had yesterday has definitely helped as I ran with not a twinge out of the knee and just a slight twinge in my achilles when I got back home.. yippee!

The test will be if I can run two days in a row. I'm off to Wagga this evening ( more meatworks!) and so I'll be running around the streets of Wagga in the morning. I've never been to Wagga so I'll be interested to have a look around. As I'll be stuck in the office most of tomorrow my run will be the only chance I get to have a look around.
Did 3 phase VMO strenthening whilst watching TV
Edited to add food:
B: Black forest shake
MT: cherry and coconut protein bar
L: Black forest shake
AT: Choc and Apricot bar
D: Chicken salad

7 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Hard to keep your HR low in a spooky ambiance!!!

You are doing great on your diet, that is a very important fact on the training results.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Queens Park sounds creepy in the morning - but I might have to venture there one weekend in the daylight. That massage sounded unreal - I think I might have to check it out too.

And your diet is amazing - there is no way i could limit myself to that amount of food. No wonder I don't lost weight!!

Take care, E

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Hmmm meatworks at Wagga - you really do get all the choice jobs lulu ;-)

Good on you getting out there so early, nice to see you get that 5k up too....

That 10k PB must be starting to get pretty nervous :-)

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Hiya Lulu thanks for the idea about Fitzroy Falls Marathon sounds good.

Hope you enjoy your time in Wagga.

Ps have you ever done any work for a company called Vision Pursuit?

Cheer R2B

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Hiya Lulu thanks for the idea about Fitzroy Falls Marathon sounds good.

Hope you enjoy your time in Wagga.

Ps have you ever done any work for a company called Vision Pursuit?

Cheer R2B

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Your massage sounds good.

I won't forget a race report on the blog.
That would be good to get a lift back from 6', but you'll have to put up with me either groaning, or crowing with a tedious verbal race report.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Your showing great dedication getting out so early Lulu. I love the countryside in the Riverina. I hope you get to see some of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home