Thursday, March 02, 2006

Park again!

I had a little trouble getting out of bed this morning; it's the darker mornings I believe. Thank goodness daylight saving will end in a few weeks.

The programme called for 3 x 2 mins walk, 10 mins run. So with knee taped, achilles blessed with deep heat and the wind behind me I set off to Queen's Park. Did a loop and a loop of the oval and then back down Macpherson St and my extra loop up Evans and back down Macpherson for a stunning total of 5.15km. Once again I enjoyed the walk breaks but could have kept going at the end. I'm definitely feeling a little more energetic at the moment. Let's hope Dr Ludka's cocktail is working.

Injury status: knee whinged at the beginning for about 10 secs and then was fine. Achilles was fine at the start and then ached on and off. Don't know what to do about this one. It's been a persistent problem and never seems to get much better or much worse. I'm thinking of a trip to the pod to see if the orthotics need adjusting. In the meantime, lots of icing and voltaren and some extra calf stretches will be applied to see if I can manage my way through it.

Food:
Pre run OJ and water
B: Orange Vanilla Protein smoothie (half low fat soy, half OJ)
MT; chocolate crunch protein bar 170 cals
L: As breakfast
AT: Scuplt bar, yummy choc and apricot bar (180cals)
D: lean lamb fillet (80g) with pumpkin and goats cheese green salad. Kiwi fruit

6 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Another thing to acomplish for the summer, running in darkness, but it will be in the afternoon, not in the morning.
I personally don't like italian because it is too complicated since it is too similar to spanish, so confusing.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I will email you the contact details for Gary Easy Tiger Massage. He is a CR, a brilliant massage and a great runner. He was telling me there is heaps he can do for achilles and other probs. He gives a discount for training with Sean :-) Hghly recommeded!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Keep working away on those niggles and the program. You'll win!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Lulu - though as my Dad used to say... you aren't eating enough to keep a sparrow alive - please be careful.

As for the heel - give the Deep Heat the deep six and put Voltaren on it before you run and try Brauer Joint and Muscle Gel (available in lots but not all chemists) afterwards - it has arnica so it aids healing as well as being an anti-inflammatory.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow Lulu - I'm so happy to see that you are back covering 5kms. All your hard work is certainly paying off! About time I pulled my finger out so we can run together again; I really miss that !

PS Don't forget - food is fuel. Make sure you are eating enough otherwise all those fancy drug cocktails aren't going to do much good :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home