Sunday, March 05, 2006

Back for some deep water running

The water was really lovely down at Clovelly this morning; calm and very clear and a very nice temperature. I donned the floatie and set off. I did 10 mins warm up, then 12 reps of 1.30 hard 30 secs recovery, followed by 5-6 mins getting back to the steps.

Quick change and then walked back up the hill to home to finish off the lunch preparation for the runners lunch Mr lulu and I were hosting today. We were joined by Go Girl, The Owl, Jen-runs, Don Juan, Wildthing and Mr Wildthing, Kit and Ray and Mr lulu's mothers as the ring-in!

Very enjoyable time was had by all with a taste off being held between my raspberry cheesecake and Mr lulu's pear and almond cake.. not sure what the final score was but there's not much of either of them left!

Despite the temptations of all this food I have been pretty good. I asked permission of the Don to have a glass of red wine but that was really my only indulgence; plus a insy, tinsy, tiny sliver of cheesecake when no-one was looking!

Food:
B: Black forest protein shake: chocolate with raspberry/cranberry juice
MT; Almond slice ( no sugar, no wheat)
L: Poached ocean trout, rice salad and green salad. 1 glass red wine
D: Protein shake ( haven't decided what flavour yet)

That's all for now. It will be weigh in day in the morning so fingers crossed the hard work is paying off!

8 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Great lunch, and another very disciplined performance from you this afternoon.
Weigh-in should be a piece of cake.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Pear and almond vs cheesecake? I still can't decide. Maybe I'll have to have another taste test before I'll be in a position to declare the winner ;-)

Thank you to you and Mr Lulu for a wonderful time today :-)

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lunch was great. A very pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Now that I am a long way from Bronte I am brave enough to say that my vote goes to the cheesecake.

Good luck with the weigh in.

wt

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

I sooo want to come over for a meal at your place. Every meal sounds so "gourmet".

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

We will cross our fingers for you as well.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Is there a launch date yet for Mr Lulu's Wine & Cuisine blog? 'DFYL' - Drink for your life

Looking forward to the wine reviews.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work lulu - I manage to get myself into deep water when I run even without a pool!

Your discipline at the lunch table is amazing - well done mate ;-)

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I'd be skipping the cheesecake too if it meant I could have a black forrest protein shake - it sounds sooooooo good ... and so good for you too.

Best of luck with the weigh in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home