Saturday, March 04, 2006

Centennial Park today

A lovely cool morning for a run again this morning; I didn't have to worry about getting up a bit later. I headed down through Queen's Park and did my loop of the lake in Centennial and then back through Queen's Park and home. My programme was 2 mins walking and 12 mins running x 3 which is what I did. I'm feeling quite energetic still and Mr lulu says I actually look a lot healthier at the moment; less tired and without the big dark circles under my eyes. I certainly feel better and this is reflected my running as today I did 6.5km with an average pace of 6.23/km and that includes me walking for 6 mins so I must have been speeding along for the running bits. I didn't have the heavy, dead legs that I get often when I'm running and my breathing seemed easier. Let's hope it continues.

Niggle status: Achilles a bit better, but I felt it later in the run. Knee; complained early on and then was fine. I also need to do more of my VMO/quad strengthening which I've neglected a bit this week so I'm going to have to add that to my blog each day so you can all nag me if I haven't done them Today I did about 50 squats and 20 one leg stair squats, plus 2 static squats against the wall. I'll think I'll time the static squats so I can see if I can do it for longer each day. I need to add in some glute strenthening as well now I'm only seeing Aqua Satan once a week.

Food
Pre-run 1/2 strength Endura
B: Banana protein smoothie
MT: 3 oatcakes and Cott. cheese
L: Jaffa protein Smoothis (choc powder with 1/2 OJ and half low fat soy)

9 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good on you Lulu. Looks like your program is serving you well.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better Lulu and I hope those niggles disappear.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good to read the energy is picking up, and on that diet too.

I quite like the bags under the eyes look. And I thought it was Bad Lulu's make-up.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

looks like ytoiu may be saving yourself for dinner with the lovely Ms Jen! Its' nice to read that you are firmly on the comeback trail now! Are you hoping to run C2S this year?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

Must have been lovely and cool all around the globe this morning! Certainly was perfect running weather here.

Good to hear you felt good on the run and that pace is great when you consider you were walking in there too!!! Well Done.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha.... the bare faced hussey is back!!! WOO HOO!!! I am so glad you have your energy back! I heard on the grape vine you book in for a massage... good girl!!
See you tommorow ... YUM... I hope you have heaps of food :-)

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Dem big black circles around the eyes is bad for you. Glad they're fading away :-)

Gnome

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better and running again. Woohoo :-)

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Gee, that jaffa protein smoothie sounds better than straight chocolate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home