Friday, March 10, 2006

Back in the pool and an experiment!

Thursday
I had a session with Aqua Satan in the afternoon. He was pleased to hear that I had done two runs back to back with no problems. I did the usual stretching, strengthening and run warm up before doing some intervals.
Build intervals
8 x 15 secs medium, 15 secs sprint
4 x 30 secs easy, 30 secs hard and a plyometric jump
Arm exercises
Stretch

Quite a tough session; sprinting in water is hard work!

AS suggested that I try a run on Friday with no tape on my knee.. the experiment of the title.. mor of this later.

Food: I was hungry today and so had a few extra nibbles
B: Banana smoothie
MT: almond bar
L: Vanilla protein shake
AT: Peach and some almonds
Pre-dinner: two oat cakes with pesto dip
D: 2 lamb cutlets with roasted sweet pot and zucchini.
I was very tempted to have a glass of wine this evening but managed to resist and just have one sip of Mr lulu's!

Friday
Sadly, the experiment wasn't very successful. I made it to 1.5 km but my knee started hurting almost immediately. Not severe but I stopped and walked the rest of the route as I don't want to undo the work I've done. Bit disappointing but I'm hoping that it is simply that my knee needs the tape to help stablise the knee cap and nothing more than that. I'll run again on Sunday with the tape on.

I will be heading up to the Blue Mountains this evening in order to joing the CR cheersquad on the 6ft track tomorrow. Good luck to everyone who's running!

Edit: PM pilates class before a quick dinner with Mr lulu and then heading for the hills!
Food:
B: Tropical Fruit protein shake
MT: almond bar
L: Chocolate protein shake

AT:Sculpt bar
D: 6 peices of sushi and 1 tempura prawn, 1 tempura scallop

5 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Ahhh but the experiment WAS successful - you now know!

What is fantastic is that you are getting in some regular runs now.

Keep it going lulu ;-)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

It was worth a shot for sure.

Have fun at 6ft you lucky thing. As I recall from Sydney Marathon last year you are an expert cheergirl.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Im sure the knee will be fine, you done the right thing and stopped.

The hydro work seems to be going well certainly looks pretty hard.

That's great to hear that you have come through a few runs with little side effects. keep it up your persistance will certainly pay off.

Cheers for the comments sent my way aswell. :)

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kep up the strengthening exercises, Lulu; both Physio & Sports Med. Doc. put strengthening as #1 priority. Hope you enjoyed your day with 6Foot Track Cheer Squad!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I love Pirates of the Caribbean too - Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp, definitely!!!!

Hope you had fun at 6ft.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home