Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Happy 30 mins

Up and on the road by 6.30 this morning. I would have gone earlier if it was light. Mr lulu was up and doing his 1hr run at 5.30 but I'm reluctant to go in the Park in the dark unless I really have to.

Did my 30 mins just cruising around that lovely Queen's Park, up the hill and then a loop up Evans St to make it to 30 mins. I pushed the last 5 mins a bit to see how I felt and was running 5.15/km pace which is not bad. Couldn't have kept it up for long though!

Niggle status: I might be helping Easy Tiger buy a porsche, pay off his mortgage and have a holiday in Hawaii but I don't care; he's a miracle worker and I ran niggle free. Maybe I should cut out the middle man and just pay his mortgage myself :) Yesterday's session included a lot of work on the adductors; now that hurt and I've got the bruises to prove it.


Food:
B: Vanilla and blood orange PS
MT: almond bar and a few almonds
L: Jaffa PS
AT: Cranberry and yog Sculpt bar ( not as nice as the choc apricot)

D: Pasta with tom sauce and lamb sausage with rocket salad, yoghurt.

9 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Bruiser for working out adductors? mmmm I don't catch it...

Thanks for all your advises, I am looking for a good therapist already!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good news, looks like Easy Tiger is bringing out the best in Happy Lulu.

So bad Lulu's days might be numbered
:-(

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger 2P said...

A niggle free lulu is a happy lulu - hopefully though our bad lulu will make the occasional continued appearance.

Good to see you keeping on running lulu - keep it up mate -)

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good stuff Lulu ! :)

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger R2B said...

Sounds as though these sports massages are something i should look into as a help.

Tah R2B

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I agree Lulu that part of running involves paying off someone else's mortgage. I think Gnome is about to start helping with Easytiger's.

Ta

Ps We shared a swimming lane today - me horizontal and him vertical :-)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ooooh I am so excited for you! I agree Easy tiger is brilliant :-) I was there yesterday and all is good!

Niggle free Woo Hoo!!! Go Lulu!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

how good does a jaffa protein shake sound???? i might have to investigate this protein business further. still really in awe of your food consumption discipline!! I'm going to have to start running around queens park to try and spot you one morning!
E

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Lulu, you really are so sensible in your approach to recovering properly. I must follow your lead! Don't think I'll follow your lead on the food though, I'd starve to death!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home