Saturday, March 18, 2006

Running with company.

I had 35 minutes on my programme this morning and for a change of seen I drove down to Centennial Park. There I had arranged to meet fellow blogger Ellie who lives near the park. How nice to have company, especially when they are as lovely as Ellie. We set off for one lap of the inside of the park which we did at a comfortable pace, and no Ellie, I wouldn't have gone much faster on my own.

That was only 23.5 mins of our run so I decided to induct Ellie into the Big Bertha cult. I also wanted to try out how my niggles would stand up to a couple of hills. How I ever did 10 laps of Big Bertha I don't know, as 2 were quite enough for today. Ellie did extremely well on Big Bertha and I was reminded how truly appalling I am at running up hills! This will have to be my mission for this year. A quick loop of the park opposite Big Bertha and we were back to our starting point. My other mission is to drag Ellie along to SWEAT when I go back.. beware Ellie.

This week I have done about 18km I think which is the most I've done for a while and the niggles seem to not mind! Next week the programme introduces some speed in the shape of 100m strides plus a 40 min run. I'm slowly getting there.

Food:
B: Jaffa PS
MT: Bounce protein ball and a decaf skinny flat white, plus a few tiny tastes of cheese in the Simon Johnson cheese room where Mr lulu went mad. Sadly I won't be joining him in his fig and gorgonzola lunch tomorrow!
L: Tropical fruit protein shake
AT: Walnut and orange bar
D: We're going out but I have my plan which is to stick to what we did last week when we went out which seemed to work. Just a light main course and a glass or two or wine.

8 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Look out SWEAT, Lulu is back :-)

I'm so glad to hear that your niggles have decided to leave you alone, yippee!!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Looking good for the comeback.
Big Bertha!
I thought you were trying to encourage Ellie to join SWEAT.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Shane said...

You seem to progressing well Lulu, that is great to hear. I hope next week goes well for you the strides will be a good indication. Be careful on Big Bertha, take it easy, hills are not very kind to the ITB.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Sounds to me like you are making great progress Lulu. Enjoy your dinner!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger CJ said...

18km this week - yay!!! Good to hear - let's hope you are well and truly on the comeback trail!

By the way, what's a Bounce protein ball? How's the diet been going?

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Great you are running already and in good shape!!

Hope you had a nice dinner!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good of you to look after Ellie! Not sure if its good of you to make her run Big Bertha tho ;-)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

But Lulu... did Ellie drag you out drinking with her that night?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home