Sunday, March 26, 2006

Rain and pain free day!

Whilst Mr lulu headed off to the domain to do the BRW triatholon (that's not a a triathlon as they've cancelled the swim leg), I pottered down to the park to meet Ellie for our Sunday morning 40 mins. No rain and no pain today.

We did one lap of the inside and then a half lap cutting back through the middle to the cafe where we started. We were joined momentarily by Easy Tiger who was about to start running with the SWEAT squad. Nice of my massage therapist to make on the spot checks :)

I felt quite sprightly today and we motored around the park at a nice cruisy pace doing just under 6.5kms in 42 mins. Very pleasant and I felt like I could have gone a lot longer at that pace. Soon I'll be able to extend my long runs to actually be long runs I hope.

The achilles were a little bit sore when I stopped but are fine now after a bath, some ice and a massage, by me.. and I'm a lot less brutal than the Tiger.

Yesterday I did nothing, which was actually very nice.. well nothing exercise wise. We did our Italian classes and then various other chores before meeting a friend for dinner who was up from Melbourne. Food wise I was pretty good although I did have a bite or two of Mr lulu's banana bread during Italian! That and a 2 glasses of Riesling with dinner was my only indulgence. 2 glasses made me feel quite tipsy..lol. I've lost my drinking ability!

Sunday Food:
B: Vanilla orange PS
MT: 3 corn cakes, cottage cheese and an apple.

L: one piece of bread and ocean trout carppaccio, lamb pieces, rocket salad and roasted eggplant and tomato. 2 glasses of Riesling and a flat white. Lovely lunch at North Bondi Italian
AT: Bounce protein ball

10 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Lulu that is great news! I am glad you had a lovely run you deserve it! I bumped into Ellie on the way in this morning :-)

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Jen said...

That is great news Lulu. I'm so happy for you !

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

The comeback is looking good.

I was looking for Mr Lulu and you at the BRW triathlon. On my Sunday run I bumped into the race and joined in.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lulu

Your food discipline is impressive. I wish I was even half as good - I cave when alcohol and dessert are on offer!

wt

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

thanks lulu - i felt great afterwards - you are officially a good influence on me! (except if i lose my drinking ability i will be in big trouble with my mates! so i'l keep the training up in that regards).
E

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Building, building, building - great work Lulu you are really starting to string some good ones together - keep it going ;-)

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Yes, back at sweat this week for some short stuff. These days I don't get out of bed for anything under 45km.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger strewth said...

Good run Lulu - you sound like you really enjoyed it which is number one priority!

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger R2B said...

Ah i love being a cheap drunk...most of the time.
Good to see the recovery is going well!
Cheers R2B

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Reading about your pains, I just think how only with runners you can share this and they will understand, what do every single pain means, since all of them are so different, but known for all of us...

Great you are recovering!
Thanks a lot for your comment I really needed that kind of support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home