Friday, March 24, 2006

Pain in the rain

When the alarm went off at 5.15 I turned over and listened to the rain hammering on our old tin roof! Ummm maybe I'll just forget about trying to squeeze in my 30 mins this morning. Mr lulu had other plans and finally prodded me verbally and I arose from under my cosy doona.

Out into the dark and wet morning I dodged puddles and garbage bins (Friday is bin day) and plodded up the road. I had absolutely no problems running slowly this morning... nothing seemed to be working very well! I felt terrible and then my achilles started aching, first one then the other and so when I got to the top of Carrington and Bronte Road I could either carry on or turn for home.. this is only 8 mins into my run at this stage and now the rain started to absolutely hammer down... I argued with myself for a few mins and then started to head for home, thinking 20 mins is better than nothing! By the time I got home though I started to feel a lot better and so I did a couple of loops around Evans Street and managed 25 mins.

A quick shower, brekkie and on the bus for the City for an hour of pain with Easy Tiger. Attention was paid to the calves again and he felt that the 100m strides had caused them to tighten up a bit. I was pleased when he said I should do then again next week though as it's good to start conditioning them for a bit of speed work, bit by bit. Better to do that than think they're OK, do an interval session and then really upset them! Sounds like a sensible plan to me!
45 mins on one calf was a bit much though.. I can still feel his paw prints on my right calf and foot now. Very pleased to have a rest day tomorrow!

Now onto food: I have to confess I have slipped a little in the last couple of days... not off the wagon but definitely lurched to one side. I had a coffee today and it was lovely! Not much I realise but I did have a few of Mr lulu's chips last night and I know from experience it's easy how all these little things can add up. I did manage to resist the food at CR drinks last night at least! Oh and I didn't actually drink anything but water either so it's not all bad. Anyway back on the programme today, despite the coffee, and having a lunch to attend.

Food:
B: Tropical PS
MT: Sculpt bar
L: Linguine with pesto, and a coffee
AT: Yoghurt
D:choc mint PS

6 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Mr Lulu is tough, kicking you out into the rain. He's probably eating chips in bed.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, how do you do it Lulu - going to CR drinks and not drinking! Sounds more painful than Easy Tiger's massages.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger CJ said...

We have just had a colourbond roof put on our house - now I want it to rain!

Well done for getting out in the rain, even if you were kicked out! I know I would've found a million and one reasons not to get out there. But then I'm essentially a very lazy person!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Good on you Lulu getting out there when you really would rather stay in bed shows character!

R2B

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Good on you lulu for getting out there.

Even lurching your not eating enough to keep a sparrow alive.

It is really great watching how determined you are to get back to running - keep up the great work matey ;-)

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

Rumour mill has it that you are coming to Brissy again soon. I'll be up for a coffee again!!

45mins on one calf!! That is torture and I presume you will be the 'limping dead leg' with DOMS today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home