Saturday, April 08, 2006

Back to my old haunt

It's ages since I've been able to run long enough to get down to the park, around the inside and back home again but now my niggles are definitely in remission I decided to do exactly that this morning.

It was certainly cool this morning but not as cold as it will be in Canberra tomorrow! I pottered down to the park and headed off around the inside loop feeling quite spritely, but probably didn't look it :)

Then it was back up the hill to home where my knee started complaining a tad so I walked some of it.. good excuse anyway. Then it was back down the road to home. At one point I felt like I was really running, rather than my normal plodding; feet landing lightly and flying along.. well for me anyway. It felt great and now all I have to do it be able to do that all the way along rather than the last few hundred metres. In total 7.5km in 48 mins.

4 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jen said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOO :-)

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Welcome back to the park.

Good to catch up today, I did hear you cheer on one of the rare occasions I followed the correct course.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Nice run, good you could do it longer, sounds like you are improving!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger 2P said...

I was going to say just a walk in the park - but it was actually a run! ;-)

Great job lulu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home