Thursday, April 20, 2006

New shoes

A trip to Running Science yesterday resulted in a new pair of shoes. I am sad to see the back of my Loco Espressos as I liked them and liked supporting an independent company but unfortunately they are not the best shoe for me. I have ended up with the Brooks Radius as pictured below. A nice colour methinks! They are a neutral shoe but are more stable than the Loco and so better suited to a plodder such as me.

Excellent service at Running Science which included the treadmill and video; it's not a nice sight seeing the back of your legs when you run. Just more motivation to keep on the diet though I suppose. The verdict was that actually my left leg is pretty neutral but the right one is the one that is splaying out and causing problems. This is presumably why that knee is the one that is susceptible to tendonitis.

So of course this morning I had to go out and give the new shoes a try. They certainly felt different to the locos, much firmer and I'll reserve judgement until I've done a few more runs. I felt that my right knee was getting a few more twinges than before but we'll see; I could be imagining things but I think that the tendonitis may be coming back. I've made an appointment with the physio for next week to check it out. I'm not sure that the exercises I'm doing to strengthen my VMO are not actually aggravating that knee so I want to get a proper programme from Gerry the physio to make sure I'm doing the right things. Either that or I'm going to retire permanently to the couch.

So this morning was just another 30 mins trotting around Queen's Park at a nice and easy pace. Good news is the itb is behaving, not a peep out of the achilles ( I think they're scared of Easy Tiger) and now just a few twinges in the old dodgy knee to deal with. Someone give me a new body!

Food:
B: blackforest PS
MT: choc peanut protein bar
L: as above
AT: 1 crispbread with cottage cheese and lemon protein bar
D: osso bucco with polenta and a glass of Sangiovese, a spoonful of Mr lulu's rhubarb tiramisu.

5 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice shoes very pretty!

Nothing wrong with your body lulu ;-)

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Katie said...

There will be no trading in Lulu!!! Sexy shoes by the way... they look fast! YOu were probably running differentlh hence the twinges.... give it a week to settle into. I hope they make a difference!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger miners said...

ditto what Scott said - do I get points for that?

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Yeah, the most important attribute of endurance runners is the colour.

Mr lulu can wear your old locos with a bit of re-lacing.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Hope the shoes help, they look pretty flash.

While you are getting your new body, if you see a set of legs in good knick give us a yell. The ones I currently have are small and skinny so maybe ones with a bit more meat on them would be better :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home