Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back on the road

After 3 days of no exercise, which if I'm honest was quite nice, I headed out to test out the legs this morning. I had a visit to Easy Tiger yesterday afternoon and particularly enjoyed the elbow in the itb treatment! Consequently everything felt nice and lose this morning as I pottered along.

I really did potter along too, not worried about speed and remembering at this stage I'm interested in building a base and losing weight not setting any land speed records. So nice and easy it was as I did my 40 min course through queens Park and around the lake in Centennial and back through Queen's Park.

Beautiful autumn morning which was actually getting quite warm at the time I managed to drag myself out and about.

All in all, feeling pretty good. ITB only a bit sore from the elbow treatment rather than being tight and everything else feels good! Am off to running science this afternoon to get them to look at my shoes to check that element out in case my itb is related to something as simple as the shoes.

Happy days!

Back to Blogging the food:
B: Orange and Vanilla PS
MT: choc peanut protein bar and coffee

L: Banana smoothie
AT: Lemon protein bar
D: Roast chicken, sweet potato and salad, yoghurt

10 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Shane said...

The elbow treatment sounded like it was enjoyable - NOT! I endure enough pain from the physio's fingers let alone how you feel with the elbow.

Here's hoping that the shoes are the culprit and it is an easy fix.

Take it easy.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

My itb problem was caused by the shoes, fortunately I found it out on time!

Nice you are fine after all, those mountains were nothing for you!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

well - shoes would make sense! hope you have some luck. i'm visiting gary tomorrow - bit scared of his elbows now - but no serious problems with me so maybe he'll be gentle.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger 2P said...

The shoes doth maketh the woman...

Pottering is good - the roses smell nice this time of year :-)

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Any excuse for some new shoes!!! Let me know what they are like there. You must have lots of paw prints!!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

I agree with what Mr Lulu said too.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger David Criniti said...

Yep, you certainly know you're alive when that elbow digs in to the ITB! :-)

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

It IS warm isn't it? This certainly makes autumn running all the more enjoyable.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Aki said...

I haven't been able to read many blogs for a while, and I'm really happy you're doing 40 minute efforts now! Congrats heaps!

The piano comp is nothing major, just a local one in September, I hope to just gain experience for a big one in 2008, although I don't know if I'll get accepted...

Will be playing the Polanaise in Eb by Chopin and Debussy Sails Prelude in this one, I hope to get through unscathed. :)

Thanks for all your comments, you're a very supportive person and it's great for CR to have a person like you!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Nice one Lulu - great to see you are back out there and enjoying a run again. I always get excited about new shoes - its quite pathetic really...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home