Sunday, May 07, 2006

A minor set-back

I met Jen_runs, Owly and Ellie this morning for our planned 70 mins around the park. A nice easy pace was established with the intention of doing on outside lap of the park and then an inside lap.

My left knee didn't feel that happy right from the start but I was hoping it would improve with time. Unfortunately not in this case and after 25 mins or so I had to stop as suddenly my knee started to really hurt all underneath and I was beginning to have trouble bending my leg. I sent the girls on their way and started to walk back to the car. Of course I had to be the furthest away from the car on the other side of the park.

I limped to the inside track of the park and bumped into D. Good thing I did because as I was talking to her the front of Sean's squad appeared. After a few minutes Easy Tiger appeared and I told him I'd broken myself and then Mr lulu. Mr lulu stopped, took the car key off me and told me to wait and he would get the car. I was sitting waiting in the sun when I heard Tiger calling my name and he had driven round in his van, what service, to see what was up. He was getting me to do various stretches when Mr lulu arrived in the car. It was like ambulances roaring up to a scene of an accident! I thought it was my itb but ET didn't think so and it's not really tight my itb on that side. He thinks more likely my quads. I booked in to see him properly tomorrow and it's a good thing I already had a physio appointment this week, although supposedly about the original knee problem in the other knee.

Hopefully as ET said it's only a minor set-back and I'll be back on the road again soon.

We all reconvened as planned at a local cafe in Clovelly and had a great breakfast where we met Sparkie. Horrie, Belinda and Tim pulled up as they were going to the bike shop we were sitting next too so we caught up with them as well. I don't think I've ever seen so many CRs in one weekend!

17 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hmp. It was lovely to see you and Mr Lulu this morning as always. Though I'm sorry it didn't turn out so well for you. I have no doubt that it's a minor speedhump on the road to full recovery for you. Have fun with ET tomorrow ;-)

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Aki said...

Take it easy for a bit and ride it out, I had to pull up short on a run about a week ago and am so happy I did - always a good decision.

Nice to have the service!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Talk about having the right people on hand. You should go running with an entourage like that all the time :-)

Hope it won't be sore for long.

Gnome

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Glad to hear you were well looked after.

Hope everything is OK!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Fingers are crossed Lulu.

So... didn't we give you enough notice for pom-poms at Nail Can?

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

I'm sure ET will have you back on the road in no time. Don't make any bets with him though.

Mr Lulu had us all spread out and running in different sections of the park this morning on Lulu lookout. He's very protective.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Thanks again for the dinner friday. A most enjoyable night and was great to see you both.
Sorry to hear about the knee...I'm hoping it heals up nice and quick for you :)

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

good luck with ET today - hope everything is smoothed out nicely. I am still full from last night - yummalicious! thank you :)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Sorry that the knee is playing up again Lulu. Fingers crossed that its only a one-off and you'll be back amoungst it soon.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger miners said...

oh dear ... let's just hope it's like Nat's knee niggle. Best of luck. Bet you're looking forward to what ET has in store for you :(

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Wow - its been 24 blog entries since I last managed to read your blog! A bit overwhelming and it wasn't good to hear you suffered a minor setback. Hope all is well now.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Easy Tiger will sort you out I am sure.... all those boys fussing, sounds like you were well looked after ;-)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

There is no doubt, running is not simple at all!!

Don't see it as a set back, just put your sight on the next planned run and soon you will be there again!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger 2P said...

You were a social lulu this weekend.

Hope the knee doesn't give you too much gyp. ET will have you on the road in no time ;-)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Bernie G said...

I hope the knee doesn't keep you out of action for too long. Be very nice to.

BTW, I am sorry I missed out on your muffins Saturday afternoon. We had to get away as Wayne was on night shift.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Gee Lulu, you are well looked after by the boys. They are very deserving of the muffins you whipped up.

Hope it all turns out okay. Fingers crossed for you. ET sounds fantastic, I might have to find out first hand next time I visit.

It was so good to catch up again. Thanks for organising dinner, it was great. I'd forgotten just how good Chianti is :-)


PS Pass my congrats on to Mr Lulu for his great 10k on Saturday.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger BethJ said...

Oh bugger Lulu! Hopefully it turns out to be something minor and wont keep you off the track for long. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home