Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

I woke up before the alarm went off at 5.30 this morning for my first session back with SWEAT. I'm not sure if it was nerves or excitement that caused that but at least it was easy to get up. First goal achieved!

I drove down whilst Mr lulu got his extra warm up in by running down. I had an unexpected warm-up when I discovered the gate to the park was shut. I parked and then had to jog, carrying the back pack, over to the oval. Felt tired by the time I got there!

It was great to see everyone again and there's so many people there these days it's quite a crowd. All the old faces were there, except Kit adn Kerrie, plus lots of new ones.

My return to the track started with the normal drills which didn't seem as hard as they used to. It probably helps not carrying around a spare 4kgs!

My programme had me doing 2 x 1600 with 5 mins recovery and then a 1200. I ran the first one with Ellie which was excellent and we kept each other going. The second one I took a little bit easier and Ellie was ahead of me most of the way around. On the shorter one I took it a little quicker and overtook Ellie, which was a bit cheeky as she was valiantly doing another 1600.

My times were 8.54; 9.06; and 6.50. Not bad for a first attempt and as I have something to aim for in the next few weeks.

I didn't feel totally stuffed at the end of it either which surprised me and the only niggle that emerged was a strange aching pain in the left itb which has recovered after some stretching.

I really enjoyed it and it's great having some company at the back of the pack; I don't feel quite so conspicuous now!

So now I feel very enthusiastic about my running and motivated to keep on with the weight loss so I can really improve. I'm excited!

Food:
B: Blackforest PS
MT: 1/2 choc cherry protein bar and coffee

L: As B
AT: other half of protein bar a few almonds
D: Ocean trout, pureed cauli and corn, 1/2 apple

12 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Great pace! I can see you are also back, great you are having those feelings, all your struggles are paying off as in weight!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger RunDave said...

Thanks for the comments Lulu. I'll be sure to take care during my come-back. Where did you get the return to running program from?

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Another chicken returns to the flock!!! WOO HOO!! So glad that your back sweating again... about time ;-) I can't wait to join you.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Good to see you back Lulu. You were looking really good this morning, running and fashion wise.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Well done Lulu. It must've been such a wonderful feeling to be back there. Another few sessions and it will be like you never had a break.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yay lulu - was so great to have you there to give me someone to chase. i suspect i won't be able to keep up with you for long but for now i'll keep chasing you! don't think i'll ever be able to conquer that kick you have at the end though!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wooohooo lulu great to see you back - but poor Ellie she seems like such a nice young girl and now she is being exposed to bad lulu on a regular basis.....

Hehe keep up the good work :-)

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Many smiles. Continue enjoying.

TA

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Woohoo!!! Welcome back.

You were running very well after a long break.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Wooooohhhhhooooooo :-)

So pleased to hear about your return to SWEAT.

Thanks for our visit to the gym tonight - I really enjoyed it!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger strewth said...

Well done Lulu - what a great come-back!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Good stuff Lulu! Keep the 'back of pack' club growing. Great to see. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home