Friday, May 12, 2006

Test run 1

After 4 days of doing no exercise I was beginning to feel very sloth-like but at least my knee felt OK. I set off down to the normal testing ground of Queen's Park and everything felt great. It didn't last that long though as I felt the first twinge on the slight incline going back up Macpherson Street and then another more severe one just as I arrived back home which was about 25 mins into the run. This is nothing like the pain I used to get in the other knee, more a sharp sudden pain which stopped as soon as I stopped running.

So the verdict is; definitely better than last Sunday but not 100% and not really sure what's causing it. Will take another rest day tomorrow although I'll do something at the gym and then do a further test run on Sunday and see what happens. It's @#$% annoying that now I've spent the last 5 months getting my right knee fixed the left one decides to play up but that's running for you I suppose!

9 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Lulu with your perseverence you can't help but succeed. Good onya mate ;-)

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Katie said...

That is very frustrating!! You have done evrything right!! Fingers crossed it clears soon.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

It could be a bio-mechanical thing. A slight change in style, posture or foot position could help. Get Sean to take a closer look.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

that is so annoying! and seems vastly unjust! but I agree with 2p - you will overcome it and quickly, because you just will.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

@#$%@!!! :-/

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

It is frustating, I know it.
The only thing we want is to run... why does it becomes so complicated??
And as we can't give up, just keep going, we have to find the way to do it!!

We will.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

I think you should give your knee a very stern talking to!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Lulu - I hope it's nothing serious. I had a horrible twinge in my shin the other day, very reminiscent of the big problem I had last year and then it disappeared and it hasn't happened since!

Just the running Gods playing silly buggers I suspect!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Oh Lulu, that really must be annoying. Pity we can't get out two good knees toghether, at least then one of us would be able to run pain free.

I guess with all the strengthening and stretching etc you were doing both sides after the initial injury?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home