Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cold and dark Colac

I managed to get up at 5.45 and get out for a short run around Colac. I'm sure it's a nice town in the daytime but in the dark and cold it's a bit spooky. There was hardly a soul around as I ran up towards the lake. A few groups of cyclists flew past and then I passed a couple of the ladies of the town out for a morning walk.

After about 2 km I reached the lake; well I think it was the lake as all I could see was a dark patch and a few lights reflecting off the lake surface. I'm sure you can run along the lake side for a while but the road narrowed and the street lights started to get a bit sparse and I was worried about being kidnapped by a local meat worker and never being seen again so I just did a short loop around and then headed back towards the delights of the Baronga Motor Inn. Note to self; don't let the local abbatoir book your accomodation. I carried on past the hotel so I did a nice round 6km in about 40 mins. Good news is that everything felt pretty good. Even the quad niggled for a while and then retired... must be the cold. I was very glad of my long tights and long sleeved top this morning.

A night in Geelong tonight before my early morning flight back to Sydney tomorrow; let's hope Jetstar have their act together and get me back in plenty of time for my flight to London.

11 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Wishing you a safe flight and plenty of wonderful UK spring/summer running. :)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Better to pay attention to our sixth sense, right? You are pretty strong, I bet it was spooky!!

Hope everything goes just in time for you to get on time to the flight!! How exciting!!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger miners said...

poor lulu - having to acclimatise so early on! Can't believe you're almost leaving our sunny shores (well, it is up this way at least) for another trip OS. We miss you already :(

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Hehehe I mean what could go wrong the Jetstar???

Nice to see you still getting the runs in lulu - well done mate - it aint easy when you are on the road and takes real dicipline.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip Lulu. Look forward to catching up with you when you get back :-)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good news on the niggles.

Must be a tough call on whether you go to Europe, or stay in Colac at the Baronga for a training camp. Wishing you and Mr Lulu a good trip.
Don't forget to blog from Venice.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Have a fantastic trip Lulu. Wow, no meat workers for a whole month!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Katie said...

PLEASE do not forget to blog so us who are stuck here can travel vicariously through you ;-)

Have fun and can't wait to catch up and hear all about it!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

you made me giggle with the whole kidnap-by-meatworker comment - I can so relate with my uber-early long runs round Bris lately!

Have a great trip :) xxx

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Take us away from Colac. How about a blog post titled "warm and bright Venice"?

I hope that italian wine & food is good.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger R2B said...

have a great Holiday!
You deserve it!!

Cheers R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home