Friday, June 30, 2006

A flying week!

This week has flown by in a whirl of activity, mainly work related but I have managed to slip in a few doses of exercise to keep me sane!

Weds
pm: 40 mins cardio in the gym

Thurs: 25 mins run in the cold and dark of 5.45am

Fri pm: 45 mins run and 15 mins walk around Centennial Park.
It started off being hard work and I ran around the outside of the park. That York Road hill seems to be getting harder; shows my lack of running recently. One I'd done a loop I did a bit extra into the middle of the park and then did 15 mins walking so I did an hour in total; at least it's time on the feet.

Not sure my niggles are going to behave, as they were showing a few signs of rearing their ugly head again; particularly the left lateral quad. Lots of stretching, Easy Tiger, and back to the physio strengthening exercises with avengence and let's hope they can be tamed!

Good luck to everyone running at the Gold Coast this weekend. I'll be doing virtual cheering even though we can't be there in person.

Minersrun wanted to know what my goals for the rest of the year were. Firstly, to be able to train consistently without breaking anything. I'm going to get my orthtics checked out and stick to the physio exercises as part of the plan to achieve that. Assuming all is well then I'm aiming to do the 9km race in the Sydney marathon clinic and a half towards the end of the year which will probably be the Central Coast half. I'll be doing some other bits and pieces in between as well I'm sure and I'm intending to the do the July CR 5km challenge as I haven't made it to one of those yet. Finally, I'm continuing with my weight loss efforts and am down 4.5kgs to date since starting seriously in March. I'm happy to say no weight was regained on the hols and the serious programme will start again on Monday. I'd like to lose at least another 5kgs. So that's what's in store for me until the end of the year.

6 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Sounds like a great plan Lulu. Will you be on Pom Pom duties at the C2S this year? Congrats on the weight loss too!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good plan to try and not break anything Lulu. Easier said than done at times. Well done on the weight loss too. :)

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

That York road hill is above the snow-line now.

Impressive dieting in the UK surrounded by all that slapper food.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Good plan - Central Coast Half sounds good - nice, flat, scenic and a relatively small field - everything you could want in a half marathon ;-)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Well done on the weight loss! Not gaining while away is impressive :-)

I am with you on the not breaking anything!!!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Good plan Lulu,
Wish i had your organisational skills!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home