Monday, July 17, 2006

Tentative steps

Sunday saw me and Mr lulu out in Centennial Park giving my legs and shoes a test run. Mr lulu set off through parts of Centennial I'd never run through before which is an achievement considering how often I run there.

I'm extremely happy with the shoes and I did 30 mins at a relatively easy pace with no problems. I'm not getting too excited though as it will be a test to see what happens when I do a couple more short runs this week as to whether I've put the problems behind me. My adductor was a bit tender last night but seems to have recovered over night. Fingers crossed.

I spent a pleasant afternoon with the nephew at the movies seeing the Pirates of the Caribbean which I thoroughly enjoyed. Mr lulu was a little surprised when I decided to demonstrate my swashbuckling on him later in the evening though.

Sadly, Captain Jack wasn't available as a dinner guest, but we had the next best thing; Don Juan.

9 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Katie said...

But did mark wear masscara???

Glad your run went well... fingers crossed!!!!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Good to hear you are starting to do some runs Lulu. 30 mins is great! It won't be long now and I'm sure you will be back into it like before.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Yep fingers crossed for you Lulu.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger miners said...

swashbuckling? Is that what you pommies call it?

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

I was at my swashbuckling best and wearing make-up.

I did notice you had matching white slippers and white wine.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I hope DJ didn't wear as much eyeliner as Captain Jack ;-)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jen said...

PS Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really pleased to hear of you hitting the road again Lulu. My fingers are crossed for you!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Good to hear Lulu, im glad your back on the road again, although tentatively it wont be long before you are back to your best.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Nice you could run, those new shoes are working!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home