Monday, July 10, 2006

Water rat

Despite my new shoes calling to me I decided to be sensible and stick to the plan and so got a lift from Mr lulu to the Cook and Phillip Pool for a water running session.

40 mins of 10 min warm up, followed by 5 reps of 5 mins hard and 1 min recovery and then 2 mins cool down. Then I hopped in the nice warm hydro pool and did some stretches.

All is feeling good with the exception of the left itb which something has tightened up. Might have been the cycling yesterday I suppose. It felt a lot better after the pool. I think the plan is working as generally things are feeling good. A few more days and I'll test it out with a run in the new shoes.

And finally, before I ruin Easy Tiger's reputation, I was accompanied at all times by Mr lulu yesterday who was also on his bike and was present during all muffin making and eating activities :)

8 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger miners said...

hmph ... was wondering about the easy tiger muffin scoffing.

Agreed about the shoe choice - very nice. Wish their latest pegasus range were half as pretty :(

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Good on you for sticking with it lulu - I get really lazy with any excuse - I take the attitude I love hard training - I can watch it all day ;-)

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Mmmmmm those muffins sound great!!! Do they out do Mr lulu dessert efforts?

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Nice that you can still get a form of running in for fitness until you hit the road again...bet you're looking forward to breaking in those shoes :)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Actually, you were enhancing Easy Tiger's reputation.

What's the name of Mr Lulu's bike? Anyone we know?

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Hope you can run again soon, so you can use the new shoes, but great you are swiming.

I thought about you in London, what a shame we didn't conicided.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Can't wait for the official shoe test report!
Good that you are still water running and keeping in shape.

All the best R2B

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

You must be too busy to post, or having a torrid time with the itb.

We'll have to catch up soon at Lindt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home