Sunday, July 09, 2006

New Shoes!

Yesterday I took my nephew who is staying with us from the UK and his friend for a walk on the wild side, well it was the lower north shore any way! We took the ferry over to Taronga Zoo and then walked on the coast path to Blamoral where we bought them lunch at the Bathers Pavilion cafe. Not a bad introduction to Sydney life. I think we walked about 7km and my left lateral quad and adductor were complaining a bit by the end so obviously not ready for running yet.

Today I was going to water run but couldn't be bothered going to the pool so I took my bike out for a spin around Centennial Park instead. I did about 25km in just over an hour as well as stopping for a chat with Easy Tiger who had just finished his two hours.

Then it was home, make some muffins (Raspberry and chocolate) and head over to Running Science to see Caleb and feed Easy Tiger muffins. I tried on a three different pairs of shoes; Brooks Trance (those are the ones that Jen_runs calls 'fugly), Nike air Structure Triax and Brooks Adrenaline. The Trance were rejected, not because of the colour, but because I thought they might rub my heel like the Brooks Radius do. In the end I chose the Nikes because I thought they were the most comfortable and least likely to give me blisters. They look nice too!

3 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Congrats on the new "wheels". Its great to read about people living in Sydney and actually enjoying the good bits.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Oooh, they look good! OK - so Miners and Jen will like the red bits. I'm sure GG would prefer them in green, and of course I got totally diatracted by the shots of the blue shoes over to the right.

But they do look like good shoes.

I'm a bit concerned about your confession that you've resorted to meeting Easy Tiger in strange parks and bribing him with muffins. What's that about?

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

A bit of scandal here about Easy Tiger and muffins. English women always are at the centre of scandal. Poor Mr Lulu . How's he handling it.

Good luck with the runners. It is all rocket-science with that re-engineered 'crash pad'. Hope there's a lift-off first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home