Friday, July 14, 2006

Testing testing

I've been slack for three days so today I decided I needed some fresh air and to test out the legs, not to mention the new shoes. So I managed to lever myself out from under the doona and into the cold and damp morning. Very English weather this morning.

A brisk walk on my two hills course, down to Clovelly and back up through the Cemetery to Bronte and then home.

The new Nikes felt excellent, as comfy as a pair of slippers. I even tried a few running steps and am looking forward to floating along in them. I can dream anyway.

The left knee is still not 100% but it's definitely a lot better. Just a bit of soreness on the lateral quad/itb. No doubt Easy Tiger will knock into submission later this afternoon and on Sunday I am going to try a short run and see if it's ready for action. I'm bored with not running and I'm hopeless at doing other things instead. I've managed the pool once and a walk once this week, although in my defence I have been very busy at work and looking after the nephew and his friend. They've both got jobs now though so with luck they will be self sufficient in due course.

11 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Hey Lulu - pleased to hear that things are improving and the shoes are good! Will be good to catch up soon - and congrats to the boys getting set up with jobs so soon!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger miners said...

not sure if any nephew/son/grandson ever become self-sufficient. Not even sure if I could claim that for myself.

Love the first test of new shoes - have (safe) fun on Sunday!!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Always good to break the new shoes in gently ;-)

Hope to be reading your running reports real soon lulu.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Looking forward to reading about your f*&king running very soon ;-)

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

New shoes are always a great motivation!

Hope you can do a real test soon, when will that knee finally beheave?

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Fingers crossed that there will be no turning back from here Lulu. :)

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck with the funking comeback.

I think Jen mistyped funking; I'm often shocked at some of the strong language from the other posters.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

I feel your boredom Lulu!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Godspeed your recovery Lulu!This boredom stuff can kill!
Enjoy breaking in your new shoes gradually.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I hope your test went well!!! It will be great to see you out and about again :-) Take care!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

I'm glad to hear you're out running, and I'm looking forward to hearing of lots more to come :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home