Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Lots of water

Yesterday I headed to the pool in the morning and did 45 mins water running. I had a lane to myself for some of the time and the life guard came and chatted to me for a while. I did a 10 minute warm up and then 5 reps of 5 mins hard 1 min easy, a 5 mins cool down and then into the hydro pool for some stretches. Ended feeling good and any tightness I had in the itb was gone. Did a Pilates class in the afternoon. First one for a week or so and my abs were definitely complaining by the end of it.

Today, my conscience in the form of Mr lulu got me up and into the rain. If it had been up to me I probably would have buried myself under the doona. We ran together down to Queen's Park and then Mr lulu disappeared off into the distance and I trudged through the mud for a total of 4.5km in just under 30 mins. Lots of stretching and some strengthening when I got back and again everything felt good. I don't want to get too excited but I'm actually running without anything hurting so I'm starting to feel more optimistic. I also love my new shoes which I'm convinced are also helping. Off for a check over by Easy Tiger at lunch time.

9 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Katie said...

No pain... WOO HOO!!! crossing fingers and saying a prayer!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger miners said...

you're a braver lass than I am (and I should hope so too). That morning of reading under the doona sounded a bit more appealing than the mud-running you were doing ;)

Great to hear about the pain-free running!!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

There's a great article on cross-training including water running in this months R4YL. I think you are on to a good thing there.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's great news, Lulu! Brave girl to get out from under that doona!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger the_en4cer said...

I'm guessing the Pool is heated right? Even if it is I still think I'd prefer the sanctuary of a warm doona!
Are you running the City2Surf?
Thanks for the comment on my blog, its nice to be blogging once again. I forgot want and inspirational and motivation bunch you all are.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

More, more days like this ahead for you!!!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger R2B said...

Woohoo LULU!
just stay safe now and don't get hurt!

R2B

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Hi! I'm back in the blogosphere again! Hopefully for good this time. Are you running in the C2S?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Woohoo!!

For pain free movement, I can recommend getting p*ssed to the eyeballs until I'm writhing around the floor like a giant maggot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home