Monday, July 24, 2006

Eight weeks and counting

It's eight weeks until the Sydney Bridge run so this is the start of my eight week programme to get to the start line in one piece and relatively flat. I have to confess to doing practically nothing all weekend. We had a great time just lazing around and although Mr lulu went for a couple of runs I opted for the lying in bed, sleeping and reading slothlike for most of the weekend. A bit of a novelty really as I don't normally get the chance but I needed a break after dashing around for the last few weeks since we got back from Europe.

My itb and adductor were both a bit sore this morning so I decided on only a short one to start the week. 25 mins around Queens Park which was running through mud for most of the way. The mud clinging to my shoes must have been the reason I found it hard to get out of first gear.

After a good stretch and some strength stuff my itb and adductor actually felt better so that's the good news.
As I'm still a bit worried about overdoing it and setting myself back the first couple of weeks I'm going to do a mixture of water and land running and gradually switch across to all land running. If all goes well I should be able to go back to SWEAT in a few weeks for at least one session a week.
Week 1 of 8 plan
Mon: 25 mins, Pilates
Tues: Water run 40 mins, Pilates
Weds: Run 35 mins,
Thurs: Water run 40 ,Pilates
Fri: Run 40 mins, mat class
Sat: rest
Sun: 45 mins run

8 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

looks good and can't wait to see you back on the track. i've missed you!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sensational Lulu! I'm doing that race too. That schedule looks like - my goal is to join you for at least one of those pilates classes each week!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Great to read about your come back Lulu. I'm sure you deserve a good run or two..

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Wish you luck for this week!

Combining surfaces sounds a good plan for the training, maybe I should move too!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Sounds like a good plan lulu - the bridge run is a good one to aim for - you can really pylon the pace *groan*

;-)

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Great plan Lulu! Can't wait to have you back :-)

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

A quiet weekend in between all the travelling and the start of the training program sounds perfectly refreshing.
Look forward to catching up for dinner tomorrow :)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Nice goal Lulu, and a very sensible approach. You certainly deserve this preparation to go well for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home