Monday, August 07, 2006

Trundling along

I hoped to run on Saturday morning but after sitting in Sydney airport for hours on Friday night after they closed the airport I had to delay my Friday pm meeting and ended up having to re-schedule for a breakfast catch-up prior to running my training session. Consequently, I couldn't face getting up at 5 in a strange town and not really knowing where I was.

The day picked up though as after my workshop I was picked up by the lovely Wobbly Man and Wobblette #2 who gave me the total Melbourne experience. First it was a great lunch at a funky Japanese restaurant, followed by a trip to Victoria Markets and then a coffee somewhere nice. Then they kindly deposited a tired but happy Lulu at the airport. Thanks Wobbly for the great afternoon and I hope the Carbonara was good!

Sunday I had arranged to meet Ellie at the Centennial Cafe for an hour. She was waiting when the lulu mobile screeched to a halt in front of her, running a few mins late and I knew Ellie would be there. We set off to do an outside lap of the park and then around the lake. Ellie was a tad tired after her PB at Striders the previous day but valiantly stuck it out. It was great to be running with someone else again and time flew by.

We waved to Sean's pack as they cruised by as we were stretching and awaiting Mr lulu to arrive so he could take us to brekkie. A good day!

Today, I'm having a rest day from work and running and have done a tough Pilates class and been tuned up by Easy Tiger. Might have a short nap now before tackling some neglected housework.

Week 3 of 8
Mon: Pilates
Tues: 45 mins and Pilates
Weds: 40 mins easy
Thursday; Spin and pilates
Friday:50 mins
Sat: 60 mins plus 30 mins walking
Sun: c2S cheering with a hangover from the Evil Twin Sisters hen-night!

5 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

You are becoming quite the jetsetter, visiting CRs where-ever you go!

Your 'cheering with a hangover' comment reminded me of how much wine I drank with my two sisters (hmmm, obviously also evil) the night before C2S last year.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

hope that the hens night is a blast! we won't hold it against you if you don't make it to cheering duties on sunday morning! (just think of us as you pull the doona over your head and groan...)

:)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Ignore Ellie - I'll hold it against you if you don't make it for cheerleading duties ;-)

BTW which pilates class are you heading to tomorrow?

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good luck for the continued comeback this week.

That hen's night sounds like an absolute blinder; pity I have to run Sunday.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

It was great to see you on Saturday Lulu. Keeley and I had a great time too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home