Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Leather saves the day!

Well my hands anyway. I think I should have stayed in bed this morning as the day didn't get off to a good start. Firstly, I had to get up at 5.30 for a start, then Garth decided to die on me (totally frozen, can't even turn him off!) and then within the first 15 mins I found myself on my hands and knees on the footpath on Clovelly Rd. Dark roads and uneven pavings don't mix as I discoverd. Good thing I was wearing my nice leather gloves as they protected my hands. My knees could have done with some protection though as I now have a nice swollen and bruised knee.

I picked myself up and dusted myself off and continued on and was rewarded with the company of the Kit train who caught up with me and I ran with them for a while until we all headed off in seperate directions. Don't know how far I went but probably somewhere around 6.5 - 7 km in 40 mins.

7 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

If only you had a nice pair of leather pants to run in your knees would have been fine as well ;)
Hope your day picked up from there and your knee recovers quickly :)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Yikes. Sorry to hear about your fall. Leather pants are a great idea ;-)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

Isn't it funny how running makes you look so much better - as long as people cannot see the bruised knees, black toes etc?

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

ow!!! be careful lulu - i want you in one piece for Sunday!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Oh your poor thing!

Save the leather pants for Oxford St.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Ouch.
It's a bad time of the year. Garth was sending you a message.

You did well to carry on. Obviously, Mr Lulu will have to drive you to the park next time at 5.30 am.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I think a nice head lamp is a good idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home