Monday, July 31, 2006

Centennial Social Club

Mr lulu and headed to Centennial Park for our Sunday run. It's the social club of the running world. After running for 10 mins we met Kit and Bernie G who were nearly at the end of their long run. Another 10 mins later we met Don Juan on his way home after his run.

We managed a solid 20 mins after than before we ran past where the SWEAT squad convenes and stopped for a chat with Sean and Cindy as well as meeting Laurence Whitty. This was a handy meet as it allowed me to discuss my comeback training with Sean. He has advised another 2-3 weeks of low intensity pottering around the park before returning to SWEAT. When I do come back he suggested once a week for a while and make them relatively short sessions with a longer warm up and cool down. Sounds like a sensible approach and one that is least likely to break me again!

We finished off with another 10 mins back to the car for a total of 50 mins, 8 kms and three social stops. Next time I'll bring a flask of hot coffee with me to enjoy!

We decided on a bush walk in the afternoon and headed to the Royal National Park where we did a walk down to Burning Palms Beach. It was a beautiful walk through the palm jungle and up and along the coast track. Our walking book said it was 11.5km but it felt a lot further than that especially on the back of the morning's run and my legs were feeling it on the climb back to the car. I was worried that I'd over done it as my itb was complaining but apart from being a little tight this morning it appears that I haven't done any damage.

Week 2 or 8 programme
Mon: Pilates
Tues: 25 mins run, massage and pilates
Weds: 40 min run
Thurs: water running, Pilates
Fri:45 min run, Pilates
Sat: Rest, catch up with Wobbly Man in Melbourne
Sun: 1 hour run

5 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

the come back plan sounds excellent lulu - can't wait to see you back on the track :)

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Yes Lulu - the Italian hot chocolate I had on Saturday was even better than the one at Lindts! Hard to believe but its true! It was bliss!

Hoping to catch up at City to Surf - even if you are hungover!!!!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Lulu on the turps again! Another blinder on the cards.

Good news on the comeback. Kit and I were discussing doing a social breakfast in the park.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger miners said...

huge weekend lulu - I would have stayed in the car I think ...

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Katie said...

The park gets a bit hectic!! We should definately do a breaky in the park!! Maby post city to surf... I already nominated DJ to organise :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home