Friday, August 11, 2006

The lake run

I managed to get up at 6.30 this morning as at least it's starting to get light around 6 now. There was a chilly westerly breeze blowing as I headed down to Queen's and Centennial Park for my lake run which goes around one of the lakes and back up Macpherson St. Even the hill on the way back up didn't seem to bad. I was using the "I'm being pulled up this hill by helium balloons" mental trick that Ellie told me about. Seemed to help and looking back this run normally takes me over 42 mins whereas today I did it in 39, and approx 6.1 km.

All feels good, apart from the slight left itb niggle but it always feels better after I run so I take that as a good sign that I should be doing more running:)

Long run tomorrow so that I can enjoy the hangover from the evil twin sister's hen night. I do hope to make it to the finish of the C2S but it's by no means a certainty at this stage. Good luck to everyone running.

8 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Great to see your doing well Lulu. Hope to see you sometime on Sunday. :)

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always love your wise comments on my blog Lulu. Thankyou.

I am not thinking about dieting while I am way - just concentrating on enjoying my fabulous holiday. All that weight loss stuff can wait until I get back.

Hopefully I can make a SWEAT return when I get back.

Wildthing

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

i'm blowing up my balloons ready for sunday now :) have a GREAT weekend!!!!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Katie said...

It would be great to see you at the end!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Make sure the Saturday run is a good workout so it's a blinder at the hens night.
Thanks for the race wishes. Hope you can surface on Sunday.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Bernie G said...

A long run will always work up a thirst. Enjoy the hens night.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Oh yeah, is what I've been thinking lately, the lack of running hurts too!!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Oh yeah, is what I've been thinking lately, the lack of running hurts too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home