Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Return to the beaches

I struggled with the doona this morning and consequently I was a bit late getting out and about so I thought I'd do a shorter harder run instead of the 45 mins I'd planned. I have been avoiding hills for months due to the knee issues but decided today to give them a good test out on the two beaches run.

Down to Clovelly and up along the coast path to Bronte beach and up Bronte hill. I was totally stuffed by the time I got to the top of Bronte Road so I stopped and walked the final section home.

I'm back to running with a watch again for a while as Garth has had a nasty accident. Stoopidly I had in my bag when we went to Melbourne and my bag is a soft leather one. Something hard and nasty must have been dropped on it as Garth now has a very strange looking screen where the display has been damaged. I'll take him off to shop where Mr lulu bought him and see what they can do. Needless to say I'm in the doghouse at home!

Estimated distance: 4.5km and 27.50.

6 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

i know its terribly materialistic of me ;) but i can highly recommend the x05 versions for their good looks and functionality...

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Nice tough run Lulu. Sorry to hear about Garth.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Wine trail runner said...

Ellie, after Sunday I thought I could rely on you to desist from encouraging such rampant materialism.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

The dog-house doona must be even harder escape from.

You can borrow my $9.95 watch.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Jen said...

RIP Garth.

Glad to see that you've made a return to the hills. Fitzroy Falls, here we come!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Oh no...poor Garth - I'm sure he's gone to a better place! You're weekend sounded most enjoyable :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home