Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Making merry and cruising the park

I haven’t been blogging much but I’ve been pretty busy!

Runs
Saturday I headed down to the park to do my long run. This turned into a much shorter run when I found I just didn’t have any energy. I felt the same fatigue that I suffered from for half of last year which I hoped Dr Ludka had fixed but it seems it’s come back.

I dragged myself along for a total of 30 mins and about 4.5 km and then did about 30 mins walking back home.

Monday, same again, a short run to see how I felt, about 4.5 km in 30 mins.

After a very early night yesterday, today I headed out to do an outside loop of the park, plus a little extra to make it 55 mins and about 8km. I felt a lot better but deliberately kept the pace nice and easy so that I didn’t run out of steam. The little niggle I had in my lateral quad has gone thanks to the ET treatment.

Weekend making merry!

Saturday night was the Evil Twin Sister’s hen night which started at lunch time and I finally made it to bed at about 3.30am. Not the best way to reduce my fatigue and needless to say I was relieved I wasn’t running C2S. I made it back home by about 11am, dragged The Nephew out of bed and walked over to Bondi to catch up with the C2S runners. We wandered around catching up with CRs all over the place before heading to the Bondi Hotel and getting a couple of beers. It was great to see everyone, including interstaters Miners, Tesso, CJ and Strewth plus a whole host of Sydney based CRs. I did the social butterfly act and The Nephew tried to remember everyone’s name.

Tomorrow I’m back off to see Dr Ludka again and hope to get some answers to my reoccurrence of the symptoms I had last year. I suspect that having stopped the thyroid extract a few months ago that this is the main reason. I’m now having to really monitor my diet as I’ve put on a couple of kilos; not because of the amount I’ve been eating but simply as a result of these thyroid issues I guess. I’ve found a good site here that helps you track your calories in and out and so I’m taking a scientific approach to work out what I need to do to lose weight, even at the moment. I’ll also have a good record if I need it in the future. It’s quite scary how many calories you can eat if you’re not careful. It’s a bit of work but as my diet is back to lots of protein shakes it’s not too hard to do.

7 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

good to see you lulu - as usual! i hope that you get some good answers from the doc tomorrow. i still can't forget poor dan's face when you were relaying some of those tales from your youth...

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger miners said...

wonderful to see you - particularly when you still had a little alcohol left in you ;)

thanks heaps for the visit. It made my day to have 5 of us in Bondi :)

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

It's even scarier to find out how many calories you can drink if you're not careful!

Sorry to hear you're not well again Lulu - I thought you had all that sorted out. Good luck!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Fantastic to see you again Lulu. And to meet your 'little' nephew. You looked so glam on Sunday compared to the rest of us daggy runners!

Looking forward to catching up here in Brissie.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

PS Bad bad web site .... I worked out just how much wine I can drink if I run for an hour :-)

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Thanks for coming down to Bondi on Sunday.

As for the rest of the weekend, you were a real booze-hound. Hope the energy levels pick up.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger CJ said...

You did the social butterfly bit so well and you looked great, considering your late night! I sue the Calorie King website - you're right it is scarey how many calories you can consume without even trying really!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home