Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hectic!

I'm becoming very familiar with airports at the moment having flown up to Brissie twice this week and setting off to Wagga Wagga tomorrow. In between that there have been numerous things to do for the Evil Twin Sister's wedding in a few weeks so I'm feeling like I need a holiday.

On the running front, I must confess I have been a bit slack this week. I have done two short runs around the streets of Brisbane on Weds and Saturday mornings. Just a quick 30 minute trot on both occasions to keep the legs moving.

Today though I set off down to Centennial Park and did a good long run of 12.3km in 1hour 20 mins. Two laps of the inside path and back home up Clovelly Road. Took it relatively easy and enjoyed myself. Didn't see a soul I knew today, probably because I was a bit later than usual.

I have to get myself a bit more organised and motivated this week as my training has been a bit inconsistent. I didn't even make it to a Pilates class this week and next week is also going to be a challenge.

Week 6 of 8
Mon: 30 mins run and GRC
Tues: Wagga river run 40 mins
Weds: Rest day
Thurs: SWEAT and GRC
Fri: 40 mins run GRC
Sat: Spin and Pilates
Sun: 1hr 20 mins

10 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

That is nuts Lulu - i wouldn't be able to remember where i was let alone where/when to run. you are doing a great job. look forward to seeing you thursday and have fun in wagga wagga!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Pity we couldn't organise to get together last week here in Brisneyland. We MUST do so next time!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Wow, that sounds like a crazy week, good on you just for getting out there and attempting to fit some training in.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I *should* be able to join you for GRC on Thursday night (*fingers crossed for both of us)

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

Thanks for the Bday wishes Lulu.

BTW - I recently acquired a Pilates DVD. Pretty good actually. It is specifically for runners and cyclists and it can be done at any time in front of the TV. so no excuses for missing that class anymore!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger miners said...

"...needing a holiday"????

excuse me miss - just where did you wing yourself back from, like 2 seconds ago?

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Lulu, you reminded me of how nice is that run along the banks of the Murrumbidgee. :)

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

How about Venice for a few weeks R&R?

Good idea to ease back into the running routine anyway.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger 2P said...

You are always so busy yet remain consistent - you're a legend lulu.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger R2B said...

At least you remember to have a run despite how busy you are!
Now thats a committed runner!\Well done.

R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home