Friday, August 18, 2006

Picking up

No, not men, but my energy seems to be. Neither Garth or I were very enthusiastic this morning as he refused to pick up a signal and I was feeling tired. Garth finally started behaving after about 1km. I felt very sluggish in the beginning of the run and thought I'd have a battle on my hands to keep going. But I started feeling stronger as the run went on and I hit the bottom of the hill on Clovelly road feeling quite good so pushed up the hill and was very surprised to see that I was running 6 min pace, which for me going up hill is very unusual. Perhaps Dr Ludka's drugs kicked in at that point and launched me up the hill!

Some idiot in Queen's Park decided it would be funny to send his radio controlled car hurtling towards me as I was running and stopped it inches from my feet. Needless to say a few choice words were hurled in his direction which only added to his amusement. I should have just ignored him and carried on running rather than give him the satisfaction of reacting.

About 6km in 39 mins.

9 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

nice run lulu! i'm looking forward to sunday! don't worry - he wouldn't have been laughing if "accidentally" stomped on the car...

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good one Lulu. I hope you have a fun running weekend. :)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Good to hear the energy levels are picking up - good time to kick in too, going up a hill!!!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Simlin said...

Your in my Bloglines sights Now LULU! Somehow you slipped off the radar.

Yes I have been rolling pinning it...but I must confess to getting lazy about that over the last week.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Should have stomped on the car if you ask me.....

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

I think I would have picked up the car and run away with it. Now that would have been fun! Does this mean I am vindictive? Hope not!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Picking up - model car enthusiasts; personally I'd stay with Mr Lulu.
I'd try to give the car a bit of nudge with the foot or stand on it; a few years ago I gave a small sausage dog, that was trying to bite me, a perfectly timed drop-kick.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger owen said...

Love those runs that start awfully but just get better! nice work!

I recommend next time, just stand on the remote controlled car, chances are the driver won't be able to catch you anyway! :P

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger strewth said...

Glad to hear that Garth started behaving himself again. Great run up that hill! Have a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home