Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back to SWEAT

It was a shock to the system to be out of bed at 5.45 and heading down to the park in the dark after a few weeks of being able to have later starts.

I parked outside the gates and then ran down to the oval as part of my warm up and then did a lap of the oval for a total of 1.2km warm-up.

I was under instructions from Sean to take it easy and not push too hard and to only do a couple of reps. Sounds good I thought as we all lined up.

I ran with Belinda for the first rep which was 1.8km: 10.15
Second rep was supposed to be 1.2 but Mr lulu and I weren't paying attention and thought we were starting over at the 200 mark and then realised everyone else had started. So I ended up doing 800m: 4.27

A few more laps to cool down, a chat to everyone and then a jog back to the car with Mr lulu for a cool down of about 1.2km.

Average pace for the reps was 5.28 and a approx total of 5km plus drills and strides.

It felt good to be back and to see everyone and not to be at the back of the pack either!

13 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

great to see you back lulu - you looked pretty strong! you were far from the back of the back. sorry i was relegated to the sidelines and some pretty lame arse cheering - i need some cheering tutoring :)

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger miners said...

Yay - a sweaty sweat star once more

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Simlin said...

ah, getting up before 6am...how cool is that?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Katie said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!! It was lovely to see your smiley face arrive this morning! You ran really well... we will be chasing you soon! Take care and don't break anything :-)

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Well done Lulu. Another week or so and it will seem like you've never been away from Sweat.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Good to see everything is going so well for you.

And as for the deal that I cook and everybody else cleans up - would probably work if everyone else ate what I made! Being a vegetarian in a family of meat eaters means I'm outnumbered!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Good return session Lulu. I bet they were all glad to see you back.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Jen said...

So pleased to hear that your return to SWEAT went well. Shesh, I'm going to need to pull my finger out if I'm going to keep up with you next month. You are going to fly up Art Gallery Road & I'll be dragging my butt, yelling "Lulu slow doooowwwwnnnnn" ;-)

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger the_en4cer said...

Some pretty sharp splits there - SWEAT sounds good! Well done on the run but also well done on getting out of bed that early to train (c:

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger R2B said...

Now for how dreary you sounded in your recent posts that was a quick comeback!
Nice work Lulu and chin up again!!

R2B

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Great to hear your getting right into the running again Lulu. Must feel good to be back!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Good to read you made the comeback. Sorry I couldn't be there. Next week.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Caro, Jeanette and I were wondering if you would like to join us at the bay this Sunday for a run? I've got 2:10mins and they have 80-90mins.

Let me know if you are interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home