Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mud, SWEAT and Wally

This morning's session at SWEAT was Wild Wally. A variation on Big Bertha with a circuit starting half way up the hill, along the road at the top, and then a nice downhill stretch before doing a sharp turn around a tree and back up the hill.

Sean decided to make the session extra fun this morning but laying out the markers right through the middle of a nice mud patch which got increasingly boggy as we all ploughed through it. I almost lost a shoe on one of the reps which would have been interesting.

The circuit according to Garth is approx 750m with probably slightly more downhill and flat than uphill.

Fasties were doing 7 reps with a 2 min rest interval and I ended up doing 5 with some extra rest breaks as I missed reps 3 and 6 before I blew a gasket.

I had Belinda to chase which was fun. She out gunned my on the up hill but I was able to pass her on the flat and downhill but only once did I get far enough ahead of her that she didn't catch me on the up hill. I truly suck at up hill running!

Rep times were all around the 3.40 - 3.49 mark and Garth suggests the average pace was under 5min kms. I'm not sure how accurate he is on this route though as there's quite a lot of trees around. I'm quite pleased with this as this is actually faster than I managed to do last year even after I'd beeen training with Sean for 3 months. Probably due to carrying a few less kilos these days. This has given me some motivation to really focus on my diet again especially as my thyroid drugs seem to be kicking in which will make losing weight a bit easier I hope.

My August mileage was 117km, a record for this year. You'll notice I've been sticking to the 300% rule rigidly in this comeback up from 39 kms last month. Seems to be working though ;)

8 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Awesome Lulu - you are back bigtime. I only hope I can keep up with you during the 9km next month!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good news Lulu. :)

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a comeback, Lulu, since I last read your blog! Looking good, as they say!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

You must be running well.

I hope I can keep up with you next month too.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Woohoo!
I really hope you are over all those niggles!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Great to hear good lulu is in charge and you are enjoyin gyour running lulu.

Hehe I'm a huge believer in the 300% rule!! Congrats on such agreat month!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

The 300% rule is one of my favourites.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Shane said...

Great going Lulu, you achieve the same amount of k's this month as me and you have only been home...what? two or three days max ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home