Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The wilds of Wagga

Good lulu has been in charge this week and things are back on track. I went to Pilates on Monday before spending most of the day in a meeting, before grabbing my training materials and jumping on the plane to Wagga. Thank goodness I don't have to drive otherwise I'd never fit everything in.

Tuesday morning I was up and on the streets of Wagga at 6. I headed through the town first, sticking to the main roads until it was light and then I headed back along the river bank for a total of 7.3km. I started off feeling a bit sluggish but once I'd warmed up I didn't feel too bad and put in four surges of 4-5 mins to make sure my legs remembered how to move slightly more quickly than snail pace.

This morning I thought I would head in a different direction and saw on the map of Wagga in the hotel that there is a nice big park so I headed in that direction. What the map didn't show was that this green space is a big hill with trees on rather than something like Centennial Park. Instead of going in the park area I ended up running up the road next to the big hill, which was still all up hill going out and all down hill on the way back. 30 mins and 4.5 km.

I'm feeling pretty good now and am happy with how my running is going. No niggles to report apart from the odd twinge now and then but nothing that I think I need to worry about. Even the troublesome itb/lat quad seem to be happier even though I've spent the last two days standing up, training which normally upsets it. Let's hope a session at SWEAT with Wild Wally in the morning doesn't upset things!

8 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

oo wild wally - i get nervous just thinking about it!!!

will be good to see you there!!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Bad Lulu rocks. Bring her back.

Good news on the training and niggles.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Its great to see you back in action. I reckon once we've had time out due to injury those little niggles become more and more apparent.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Good to see you're fitting in some training again with all that travel!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger the_en4cer said...

I love the sound of your job - lots of travelling. I always wanted to go to Wagga but haven't got there yet.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Awesome Lulu. I'm so glad that it's all coming together for you again

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger miners said...

glad to hear that things have settled down well with you running-wise snowflake. We need you to sort your garmin purchase out quicksmart so we can see some Tamworth google maps :)

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

You found the only hill in Wagga! Willans Hill. I used to do my City to Surf training up there. Great views of the surrounding plains.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home