Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wildlife spotting

Yesterday I intended to run, and even set out, but after 10 mins I made a strategic withdrawal as my left tibialis posterior was giving me grief. This is a deep calf muscle on the inside of the calf and apparently it's got tight and is causing pain around the ankle. I felt this on Sunday but paid it not attention but it wasn't happy yesterday. Fortunately I already had an appointment with Easy Tiger and he worked his usual magic although not without leaving some paw prints on my calf.

Today I headed down to the oval for the SWEAT session with the intention of doing the warm up and drills and seeing how it all felt. Left side felt good but the right tib post was making grumbling noises but not enough to really cause concern so I did the session. 3 x 1200m were on the programme for me. Times were 6.38, 6.37 and 6.46. I really should have pushed harder on the last one but I'm a bit out of practice and lost a bit of confidence that I'd be able to keep going. There's always a next time.

I couldn't believe it when Blue Dog went past me at the start of the second rep. Now that's embarrasing being overtaken by someone who's just run 100 miles. What an inspiration he is.

11 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Simlin said...

This Easy Tiger character sounds magical :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

You saw Blue Dog running today ? I'd need a wheelchair I reckon.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

hmm hope that tib post. improves. gary inflicted new levels of pain today - but its don't the job i think. one more appointment before the half!!!!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I know how you feel on the out of practice thing. Its taken me a while to rediscover how to pace myself over sessions like this. But you did pretty well, you weren't too far off the mark.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger miners said...

and now you're off on the wilds of Tamworth! Wonder what you'll spot up that way?

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then you were lucky to spot more endangered wildlife at the hairdresser's - wildthing and turtle tattoo!

Have fun at Tamworth.

wt

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Look after that calf lulu! Don't beat yourself up about the last split, confidence only comes from experience and now you know ;-)

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Keep plugging away Lulu,everyday is a new one.

R2B

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

I think you were wise to take it easy Lulu. I hope this is just an abberat.... aberatsh...a one off thing!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

It takes a few weeks to get back into the intervals.

I can see you doing tempo line-dancing at Tamworth. Have a good trip.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

He should be having some time off. Is Sean crazy or something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home