Sunday, September 03, 2006

Spring has sprung!

The last two days have been so warm and spring has definitely arrived in Sydney which makes getting up early and hitting the road so much easier.

Friday, Mr lulu took me on a modified version of the 2 beaches course for a 30 min easy run. Note to self; what's easy for Mr lulu is definitely not easy for Lulu! Having tackled Wild Wally on Thursday my legs were already feeling tired of hills and now this course was all ups and downs and it was hard work. I just plodded on trying to keep Mr lulu at least in sight for most of the way. In the end I only did about 4km in 28 mins.

Saturday I had a much needed sleep in and today I headed down to the park to keep Ellie company for the second half of her last long run before the half marathon. We set off on an outside loop of the park and then headed around the golf course which gave us about an hour for me and about 1hr 50 for Ellie. Poor Ellie was feeling the effects of the heat as well as having started off a bit faster than usual and I tried to keep her mind off her tired legs. I'm sure she was probably shouting in her head 'just shut up will you, Ms bloody perky" or words to that effect! Although she slowed down she was absolutely determined not to stop and showed how tough she can be, as she made it to her 20km distance. I ended up doing about 1 hr 24 mins and 12.2km amd felt annoyingly perky at the end :)

Then it was back to Ellie's pad for a delicious breakfast and a recovery gossip where we were joined by Mr lulu.

This week I've managed 5 rusn and about 35km plus a couple of Pilates sessions. Ellie has lent me her Pilates for runners DVD so I'll be able to do some Pilates while I'm on the road this week which will be good.

Week 7 of 8 Plan
Monday: 40 mins easy, pilates and massage
Tues: SWEAT track session, fly to Tamworth
Weds: 40 mins easy Pilates DVD
Thurs: Rest day and back from Tamworth
Fri: 50 mins easy and up to the Blue Mountains
Sat: The big wedding day for the Evil Twin Sister
Sun: Recovery run! Hopefully I'll manage an hour or so at some point in the day!

7 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Lulu, I'm sure your perkiness was a help for Ellie.

The only problem with that DVD is they do the exercises way too fast. If you do them about 1/4 the speed it's OK, but then you "can't keep up" with the DVD. Just pause it and do them one at a time S L O W L Y.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Yes - the perkiness provided a nice contrast to how I was feeling at the time and was indeed VERY much appreciated.

yeah they do do the exercises fast - i though that i was just a bit remedial at pilates :)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Well done Lulu. Nice to see your easing your way abck without any dramas. :)

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its great to see you out running again Lulu. You sound like you are being very sensible about it too - building up slowly.

wt

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

It's been lovely up here too! Great to see the kms building up Lulu. Tamworth hey...I don't recall that being a recent destination.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Katie said...

It was great to see you girls yesterday.... the sun was a bit hot for me too!

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am hoping for a quick healing toe too. I want to come back to SWEAT ASAP.

wt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home