Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bird spotting

Part of the reason for the title of my last post was because I bumped into Wildthing and her lovely new turtle tattoo at the hairdresser yesterday and then I forget to mention it! If you were having trouble working out what I was referring too the mystery has been solved.

This morning I set off along the river in Tamworth. My hotel is pretty close to the river and I found a good cycle path has been built that runs along the river and through the town. I had 45 mins on the programme but was feeling quite tired in the legs this morning and the calf was niggling a bit so I did 40 at an easy pace.

I saw some lovely birds out this morning including some sort of rosella, not a crimson one but a green and yellow one and then some lovely red browed finches or something similar. I'll have to look them up in my bird book when I get home.

Some stretching and massaging on the calf and things seem to be OK this evening. I think I'll take a rest day tomorrow though as my legs are feeling the increase in the kms over the last few weeks and then I'll try and get some runs in whilst I'm in the Blue Mountains for the wedding.

My impressions of Tamworth so far have been pretty good although I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what people are saying. Am I going deaf or do they speak differently up here?

11 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Simlin said...

thanks for clearing up the cryptic clue :)

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

I don't know; you mentioned tigers and dogs, they are pretty wild.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

good work lulu - but sorry to hear the calf was niggling. enjoy the rest of the stay in tamworth and I hope that the wedding goes really well!!!!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger miners said...

yer out country now gerl

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Well 40 at Tamworth is equal to 45 at sea level - nice work lulu.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Do they say "hey" at the end of every sentence like they do out west up here? After a while you start doing it yourself hey.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Isn't Tamworth the country music capital? That is a different language!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

They speak differently up there... both country and western.

Those birds would be green and yellow Rosellas. :)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Shane said...

If you tell them to take the straw out of their mouths when they speak to you then you will probably be able to understand them :)

Im sure we can forgive you for the five minutes, just because you are training whilst travelling for work yet again.

Enjoy the wedding.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

The Tamworth slappers still understand the language of love when I'm up there.

Hope you were rugged up for the wedding festivities.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Country people is funny people Lulu lol.
I have been to Tamworth a few times and i always thought it was just my hearing...hmmm maybe it wasn't.

Good to see you hitting the trail when your out of town as always Lulu.

R2B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home