Friday, September 15, 2006

Grumpie old woman

That's me today. I felt like a very tired lump of lard as I plodded around the park this morning. I tried a couple of kms at 6 min pace to see what it felt like and decided I wouldn't be able to keep that up for 9kms if I feel like this. Hopefully having Jen_runs pacing me will make all the difference. 4.5km in 28 mins.

All my niggles were out in force this morning, one minute it was the ankle, the next, the quad which I haven't had any problems with for weeks was complaining... now it's me!!

Add to that the fact that I still feel tired from the wedding weekend, my thyroid, hormones or whatever don't seem to be very co-operative and I feel like staying in bed for the next week.

I don't feel as bad as my poor laptop though which somehow managed to get infected with some nasty trojan horse spyware thing. That ruined my plans for yesterday as I was trying to get a proposal finished for a client but ended up spending half the day messing about with that. Consequently, my pilates and dinner plans with Jen were cancelled.. sorry J!!

Whinge mode off.

Thank goodness the lovely Mr lulu has decided to whisk me away for 2 week holiday starting next Thursday! Prizes will be awarded to anyone guessing the location of our romantic trip for two!

12 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

i maintain the the crap run is a good thing - means that you have cleared karmic space for a FANTASTIC run on Sunday. I have absolutely no doubt that you will run the 9k faster than 6min kms.

now onto exciting things like holidays... i am thinking europe... (mr lulu was very interested in that book i had...) but not sure of specifics... eastern europe maybe?

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Hope Sunday is much better for you Lulu. Best of Luck !

PS. Im guessing that your holiday will NOT be at Bordertown or Wagga Wagga. Um, Thailand ?

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger, Gronk beat me to it.

My guess was going to be Wagga :-)

wt

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Ellie is the closest so far...she knows Mr lulu quite well. Not Eastern Europe though. We're not going back to our Hungarian roots this year.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I was going to say the Whitsunday Islands but now I'll change my guess to the Greek ones.

Without even knowing where it is I am jealous!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

ok - i'm going to guess again. it must involve good food and good wine. which admittedly doesn't rule out too much of europe. france? but tesso you could be right on with greece...

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger 2P said...

I'm thinkin the old dart!

Enjoy Sunday Ms Grumpy ;-)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

The best part about a crap day is that when it's over, it's over! Enjoy Sunday :-)

Gnome

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

The best part about a crap day is that when it's over, it's over! Enjoy Sunday :-)

Gnome

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jen said...

No worries about Thursday; I completely understand. As for tomorrow, relax & remember our goal. Who cares what the pace is as long as we achieve that!

BTW I have no absolutely idea.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jen said...

BTW, you certainly are not old ;-)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Bad Lulu is back! Yay..
Sounds like a bizarre cocktail of symptoms. I felt tired all week and I wasn't even running.

The Lulus are such jetsetters.

Not Greece, Italy or UK, all relatively recent destinations. Dalmation coast is eastern europe so that's out.

Wine producing country: 2 weeks munching german sausages, and cabbage? No, not germany, must be exotic cuisine.

France or Spain. This time of year not so many tourists in France, but Spain is warmer. Portugal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home