Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's official

The results from the Bridge Run are now posted on the website and my official net time is 53.37 which is one second quicker than I recorded on my watch.

My legs were quite stiff and sore on Monday but felt a lot better after Easy Tiger had given them a work out. Yesterday I intended to run whilst I was in Brisbane but I woke with a headache and felt like I'd been run over with a truck so I took some painkillers and went back to sleep for an hour before tackling a day of meetings and workshops.

Back at home this morning and I headed out to Centennial Park, did an inside loop and ran back up Clovelly Road to home. I felt good this morning, no fatigue and enjoyed a nice easy run. 8kms and 52 mins.

I am a bit concerned about a few niggles but hopefully they're not going to develop into anything worse. My right hammie is a bit tight and sore and my left foot and tib post is niggling. Lots of massage and stretching whilst I'm away as it will be three weeks in between massages.

I'm going to try and stick to my programme while I'm away although I probably won't do much speed work. I'm more concerned about keeping to the long runs so that I have some chance of finishing the central coast half in December.

The CR community is even looking after our house for us whilst we are away as we have Royworlds moving in as the house sitter. What a service!

7 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Good run Lulu. I hope the niggles subside.

Enjoy yourself while you're OS. I'm jealous! If you can squeeze in three sessions a week you should keep ticking over.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Shane said...

That's a good looking official time much better than the one you stated in your blog a few days ago :)

Enjoy you trip Lulu, you are very lucky, just relax and turn the legs over every few days and im sure you niggles will disappear and your fitness will do the opposite.

take care :)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Have a wonderful trip. See you for a Sunday run & breakfast when you get back!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Woohoo, Royworlds house-sitting.
Party-time here we come. It'll be another Bronte scandal.

Have a great trip.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Just read your going to Cinque Terre!
How excellent is that?!

Have a fantastic time!You'll get some hill training in there i tell you now!

Enjoy it.

R2B

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Bernie G said...

Enjoy the your holiday and look after the hammie. See you back at SWEAT soon.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Great stuff lulu - enjoy the hol ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home