Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Testing, testing...

A terrible jet-lagged, awake-half-the-night, type sleep last night saw me unable to peel myself out from under the doona. I had a dentist's appointment first thing so I stumbled into the city and back before forcing myself out of the door for a short test drive of the legs.

Feeling a lot better than yesterday, a little grumble in the achilles but a night wrapped in cling-film and Voltaren seems to have calmed it down, that and the threat of Easy Tiger getting stuck into it would be enough to scare it off!

I definitely feel stronger since all that hill walking and stair climbing we did on holiday. I even ran up the stairs and steep hill at the end of Queen's Park up to Carrington Road which I don't think I've ever done before. I don't feel so bad about running hills slowly now that I know that even walking up them seems to be good for you!

Just an easy 4km today and I'll head off to the gym later for a return to Pilates. That's going to be fun, after two weeks off. Stand-by abs!

5 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Gee your good ! Straight back into it. I bet I would take a few days off 4 sure.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

All those stairs will pay their dividends, so remember them fondly. Hope the mojo is back quickly for you.

TA (who can't wait for her turn in Italy)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Great to see you are back into it. I have walked past that hill a few times and thought about how it would be horrible to try and run it - perhaps I ought to now that I know you have???

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I think I need Easy Tiger to give my calf a scare.

I've used 'Hello' to successfully upload blog photos when Blogger is being cantankerous.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Stand by abs, that is funny :D

What a nice way to spend your vacations hope you post more photos soon!

Yes, Australia is too far, on a tv program they said, you australians talk about distance as something very short :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home