Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ups and downs

I had a rushed morning yesterday when I didn't wake up early enough to fit in my planned run and gym session but managed to do 45 mins run and a solid stretching session at least.

It was hard work yesterday with 45 mins seeming to last forever and I was very pleased to see the end of it: about 7km

Today I felt much better but rather than risk aggravating the current bag of niggles I just did a short 5km hilly run from home. I haven't done the two beaches run for ages and so headed down to Clovelly. I felt quite strong on the hills, plodded up Bronte hill and back home and then did my extra Evans Street loop for a total of 5.3km at an average pace of 6.19/km. I think this is probably a PB for me in terms of time over that course and I felt strong at the end so I think my hill running is improving.

I'm in two minds whether to do the CR challenge on Sat or not and will probably give it a miss. I seem to have a small collection of niggles that I don't want to aggravate, including a new one in the left hip flexor. Seeing as my goal is to make it to the Central Coast Half then it's probably wise to easy back on the speed for a week or so and see whether we can get these niggles to go away. The good news is that the knee is behaving which is a big relief and I'm sure these others will go if I look after them.

5 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Don Juan said...

Be wise. The CR 5km challenge is largely a hard concrete surface.

You're travelling better than me at the moment.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Good thinking lulu - keep your eye on the prize.

That sekrit Italian training camp seems to have really paid dividends - keep it going mate.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger miners said...

"and I'm sure these others will go if I look after them."

That souns a little like your adopted english sons from earlier in the year?

Take care of yourself snowflake - we want you there at CC :)

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

A times, managing niggles is half the battle.

That two beaches run shows improved fitness Lulu. A half PB could be on the cards!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Smart Girl!!! The wind was a shocker!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home